Clemson Class of 2024

@user2023user19 the first round of decisions were sent on 11/1

Happy to report my dd got her Tigertown bound envelop today. I did not tell her that some students on here had received their acceptance so as not to stress her out but itā€™s a relief.

D20 got her letter of acceptance in the mail with a vague ā€œscholarship offer.ā€ No details were provided about the scholarship amount, type, etc. It said that the details would be provided in Februaryā€¦3 months from now. Weā€™re excited for her, but the Clemson process seems odd. The portal has no information at all and my daughter has already received automatic scholarship amounts from 3 others already: Baylor, UTK and Mizzou with more anticipated (hopefully) from similar schools.

On a side note, the auto-scholarships are awesome, but does anyone else get the sense that itā€™s a racket? The dollar amounts look impressive, but tuition is already over-inflated. On second thought, maybe Clemsonā€™s process is actually more advanced. I dunnoā€¦

Please post stats regrading acceptance/denial information to help others still in the process.

@DoYourVeryBest Clemson is one of a few universities (like Baylor, UTK or Mizzou) that offer this type of OOS merit scholarship. Other state schools like NC State ($47,000/year OOS) or UNC-CH ($52,000/year OOS) offer no ā€œautoā€ merit to OOS. Itā€™s actually quite generous, if you consider many are state universities. Clemson financial packages are released mid February, and no student is required to commit until 5/1. I wish your DD well, and I hope she finds the school that is right for her.
FWIW:
These were the estimated award amounts for the class of 2023. No amount is guaranteed; these calculations were completed by another parent last year on CC using Clemsonā€™s NPC, so I cannot confirm their accuracy. Awards vary year-to-year, and the new NPC for the class of 2024 will probably be released in January(?). I copied the info over from the 2023 thread to give you a ballpark on merit $; hope this helps:

ā€œFor a student ranked in the top 10%, with the indicated SAT/ACT, the estimated merit awards are:
SAT 1590-1600/ACT 36 - $20,000
SAT 1540-1580/ACT 35 - $20,000
SAT 1500-1530/ACT 34 - $15,000
SAT 1460-1490/ACT 33 - $10,000
SAT 1430-1450/ACT 32 - $10,000
SAT 1400-1420/ACT 31 - $7,500
SAT 1370-1390/ACT 30 - $7,500
SAT 1340-1360/ACT 29 - $5,000ā€

ā€œFor a student ranked between 10% and 15%:
SAT 1590-1600/ACT 36 - $7,500
SAT 1540-1580/ACT 35 - $7,500
SAT 1500-1530/ACT 34 - $7,500
SAT 1460-1490/ACT 33 - $7,500
SAT 1430-1450/ACT 32 - $7,500
SAT 1400-1420/ACT 31 - $7,500
SAT 1370-1390/ACT 30 - $7,500
SAT 1340-1360/ACT 29 - $5,000ā€

Daughter, OOS/Ohio, 33 ACT / 34 SS, 4.19 WGPA, 5 APs, lots of ECs, soccer, volunteer hours, very cool experiential learning project required for seniors, etc. Truly not an exceptional profile compared to many that Iā€™ve seen here. Animal science / pre-vet declared Clemson major. Would choose bio at schools without animal science.

Clemson is in her top 5 choices. Also eyeing Purdue, Ohio State, VTU with Cornell as a huge reach. Accepted with top automatic scholarships to UTK, Baylor & Mizzou. Also applied to Miami of Ohio, Texas Tech, Illinois, Kentucky, Cincinnati and Bama. Might consider applying to Georgia, Michigan and some reach schools just for fun. Itā€™s exhaustingā€¦

We were dead set on trying to get her into the ā€œbestā€ school possibleā€¦Ivies, top 25, etc. Iā€™m now convinced that it makes much, much, much more sense to attend the ā€œrightā€ school, which is probably the best scholarship offer. Any of these schools can put our kids on the right path. They all have exceptional resources and thereā€™s no sense in going into massive debt for the undergrad degree. Iā€™m looking at you, Baylor!

@mocha666
D20
OOS
ACT: 35
UWGPA: 4.0
WGPA: 4.55/5
Class Rank: Top 3%/440
Applied: 8/10?
Accepted: 11/1
Major: Engineering

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone waiting; Iā€™ll be excited to celebrate with you!!! ?

@DoYourVeryBest Congratulations to your D20! Have you visited Clemson?

Anyone else had. Different response from the hack link?

@4n2yrs not sure if youā€™re still on CC, but i would love to hear how your 3 are doing. Hoping theyā€™re all adjusting well! If anyone else from 2023 or earlier is around, Iā€™d love to hear how itā€™s going for your Tiger. Our last experience with CU from a student perspective has been almost 30 years ago. Any input on the everyday grind would be appreciated. What advice would you or your student give an incoming freshman or their parents? Has anyone reloā€™d to the area?

@Tigerwife92, yes, we visited Clemson earlier this year. Weā€™ve visited over 30 campuses and Clemson is awesome. We normally buy a shirt or a magnet, but Clemson is the only school of the 30+ that all four of our family members bought a shirt! We loved it that much!

Thanks for the encouraging words and I wish you and your daughter the best of luck. Iā€™m sure your daughter will have LOTS of options. I feel like all we do is work on essays and applications and weā€™re actually only halfway finished with the process!

Either way, weā€™d be thrilled if our daughter went to Clemson. With other schools offering very healthy scholarship/aid packages, itā€™s tough to overlook the financial considerations of getting an undergrad degree.

@Tigerwife92 , I just saw your info on the scholarship amounts. That is very helpful info! Weā€™re hoping for acceptance into the CU Honors College & possibly additional aid opportunities. If not, thenā€¦wellā€¦

Thank you for posting such helpful info. It is greatly appreciated!

@DoYourVeryBest Admission to Calhoun honors college will not bring any additional aid. Basically the OOS merit money that will be offered in accordance with the numbers @Tigerwife92 posted above is it for merit money. And those amounts as noted above are strictly stat based.

Also I would note that Clemson does not super score ACT but your daughters ACT of 33 should get her good merit assuming she is in the top 10% of her class.

Good luck to her going forward. Sounds like she has lots of good options and will have lots of tough decisions.

@Tigerwife92 My son graduated in 2016 and my daughter is graduating in the Spring and my youngest is applying now. It has been a great experience for our two Tigers and am hoping that my senior son will get in but it has become harder every year. He is on the low end of scores that people are reporting here so who knows. We couldnā€™t be happier with Clemson and our kids have loved it. My advice for freshman parents is to visit often and eat at Smokin Pig in Pendleton!! If you have any questions, lmk. Go Tigers!

@nikolep What is the hack link again? I canā€™t find it.

https://studentonboarding.app.clemson.edu/#

@peg421 thank you! Definitely; we love Smokin Pig! Have you ever had their BlackBerry cobbler right out of the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, so good, and their jalapeno cheddar grits!!

I am sure @4n2yrs will reply but I checked in with them too on messaging as I was wondering how the year was going for them. All good reports from the family. @DoYourVeryBest ā€¦ 30 schools is quite an accomplishment. I was getting teased around here because we visited maybe 10-11 schools! But my daughter settled on applying to 6 and the visits are super helpful to narrow down. Some schools donā€™t live up to what you imagine when you see them online or on paper. Interestingly we ended up visiting Auburn because the advice wasā€¦ if you like Clemsonā€¦ you should visit Auburn ā€¦ obviously Auburn was quite beautiful. And we did have our favorite on off campus, student friendly meal there at Taco Mama. But she didnā€™t even end up applying there and instead she applied to UTK for a similar school ā€¦ its closer and we had a fun visit and interestingly there was more depth to the visit and tour. Our daughter also applied to JMU, UVA (we live in Virginia) and Penn State and Indiana. Indiana was gorgeous. But big. Sprawled campus was a turn off to Sarah (one reason she bypassed NC State I thinkā€¦ wants to be able to walk to the stadium) But Clemson has always been #1. Just really loved the people and the community and the school spirit and the program sheā€™s interested in (Graphic Communications) is very unique. Their partnerships with Pantone and Adobe especially. Also as lifelong ACC fansā€¦ especially basketballā€¦ thatā€™s a plus I think for my daughter to see herself at an ACC school. @peg421 we are friends with a former Clemson track coach who also highly recommended the Smokin Pig but we havenā€™t eaten there yet. We have visited Clemson twice. I think we wanted to go for a game this Fall but didnā€™t make it happen. We have stayed at the Abernathy. I havenā€™t seen much of the areaā€¦ like where the groceries or shopping areā€¦ we havenā€™t been to Greenville yet either. Certainly hoping that everything works out and we do have these things to look forward to. Meanwhile we wait!!!

@burghdad , excellent info! Weā€™re so entrenched in applying for honors colleges and additional scholarships that Iā€™ve lost track of who gives what. We have a spreadsheet for tracking our deadlines and opportunities, but it still gets confusing. We know that our daughter will get full OOS tuition at Bama and probably TAMU, so weā€™re watching those closely. Purdue is also a top choice, buy they tend to be stingy. Ohio State could emerge as the frontrunner, as itā€™s in-state and our daughter ā€œmayā€ qualify for additional scholarship opportunities. Weā€™re also not sneezing at UTK or Mizzou, but weā€™re really hoping we can work out a path to Clemson. $125k WITH scholarship money at Clemson or $50k at Ohio State??? Or, or, orā€¦ :slight_smile:

@katcap My daughter is graduating as a Graphic Comm major this coming Spring. She has loved her experience there. My son was accepted to UTK and that is his back up to Clemson. Loved that campus as well.

Still waiting for my letter. How accurate really is the hack?