Clothing post Spring Break

<p>Well, it’s hot as Hades here in Louisiana, and trying to figure out what kind of clothes to send back with son to Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Should we expect more cool weather, so keep the jackets, even the heavy ones, or is time to leave the long sleeves and jackets home, and send back the shorts we brought home at Christmas?</p>

<p>We may do a visit mid April, but just in case, want to make sure he’s set through exams, first week in May.</p>

<p>Thanks for any input from our seasoned moms out there!</p>

<p>If I remember correctly, last year we had very few, if any, days with highs below 60, so I’d say the warm weather is here to stay.</p>

<p>There can still be some rainy days between now and May. And, there can still be some cold nights. </p>

<p>While many days ahead will be warm shorts and short-sleeve weather, I would still keep a hoodie or lightweight jacket at school for those colder/windy/wetter days (or nights).</p>

<p>(for example…a week from now, the nights will drop to the 40s…so walking around at night without a light jacket might be too cold for some).</p>

<p>^^^I think son is worried about such a thing, mom, that he’ll be caught on a cold day without a jacket. He has a heavier jacket we got at Thanksgiving time, so I think I’ll leave that one just in case, along with his “rain” jacket. But thanks for the heads up on the 40s. I’ll leave a few long sleeve shirts just in case. And thanks, pretzeldude, I’ll make sure to send back the shorts.</p>

<p>And, be sure to leave some jeans/long pants as well.</p>

<p>Montegut: Should your son elect to rent a storage unit, moving the clothing will be less of a hassle in the future. You can get the large, plastic storage tubs and keep a couple under his bed. Then, when the weather turns warmer, he can pack up all the cold weather items and have a friend run him and that plastic tub to the storage unit so it can be put away. Makes packing up and moving out in early May much simpler.</p>

<p>Since my son stores most of his belongings in storage over the summer, he keeps all his cold weather clothes in Tuscaloosa. When he travels North for winter and spring breaks, he doesn’t even bother with packing tons of clothes. He prefers to travel light by bringing home only a few pairs of jeans and Bama clothing and supplements his wardrobe with items he did not bring to Alabama. Now is a good time to dry clean the cold weather items that will be put in storage. My son likes to use garment bags to cover items on hangers. You can find the “breathable” type garment bags at Walmart and Target. Use a thick rubber band to group multiple hangers before covering the bundle with a garment bag. </p>

<p>Except for the air tight Space Bags, I avoid storing clothing or bedding in plastic bags if at all possible.</p>

<p>I’ve had luck using the vinyl storage bags like this one [Amazon.com:</a> Jumbo Clothes Bag - Heavy Duty Vinyl Storage Bag (25" x 21" x 11"): Kitchen & Dining](<a href=“http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000TQEX8]Amazon.com:”>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000TQEX8) when storing things in Florida, esp. for blankets, folded clothes etc. I put a Bounce sheet in and everything seems to come out smelling nice. Not for hanging items obviously.</p>

<p>One of the weathermen in Montgomery hinted that the next few weekends would be very cold. I don’t think we are quite through with the chilly nights yet.</p>