CNU Tuition Info Incorrect

Just want to point out that the financial information listed here is incorrect. These figures are for one semester, not a full year (as compared to the information on the CNU website).

@CC_Jon

Thanks for letting us know. We have updated data from our source coming soon and I’ll check to see if this has been corrected.

For reference, our page currently says:

In 2022, tuition for full-time students at Christopher Newport University was $9,307 a year for in-state students and $22,145 a year for out-of-state students.

The school’s page lists:

TOTAL In-State Cost per semester $14,535.50

and

TOTAL Out-of-State Cost per semester $21,854

1 Like

The school’s page with cost info you linked to (besides being 2023 COA and not 2022) also includes room and board. Do the CC 2022 numbers also include room and board? (it says just 2022 tuition). Note also the box on the right hand side of the page has different numbers for tuition and fees than does the verbiage in the first paragraph.

It will be difficult for CC to keep the stats on the college pages current. Seems like they will often be lagging at least one year, and sometimes two.

We got our data from our source (Petersons) later than usual. The new data should be up by the end of the month, so hopefully we won’t be out of date long.

I’m checking with the developers about the discrepancy in the numbers in the prose and the sidebar. They should all come from the same source, so that’s a little odd. Maybe we need to add a few words explaining the differences.

Makes sense.

I do think you’ll also have to decide if you are showing just tuition/fees or tuition/fees/room/board, and then label whichever you choose correctly.