College Board National Recognition Program (includes former National Hispanic Recognition Program) Class of 2022

We got our email this evening as well.

We just recieve the email from CBRP (for Hispanic RP). We are in CA.

Do you have any cut off information? My son was border line.

My daughter also got hers tonight!

I qualified 2 ways, through my Ap Scores and my PSAT. I was in the top 10% of my state (I was in the 99% percentile) and I got 3+ on my 2 Ap tests so far (the AP tests might not have qualified me but i know my PSAT score did.
From college board’s website:
“Assessment Criteria—Students must meet one of the following requirements:
Take the PSAT 10 in the spring of their sophomore year and score in the top 10% by state
Take the PSAT/NMSQT in the fall of their junior year and score in the top 10% by state
Earn a score of 3 or higher on two or more AP exams by their junior year (9th and 10th grade AP scores are considered)”
Not only that but you also have to identity as African American or Black, Hispanic American or Latinx, Indigenous, or attend school in a rural or small town and specify that when taking the PSAT or AP exams. If not, you can self-nominate too.
all info found here For Students: National Recognition Programs - BigFuture

Yep got it. Looks like they have a web site for this too. I too the domain from the email they sent. https://www.nationalrecognitionprogram.org Congrats to all.

Thanks for the info - I have been watching this closely. My son hasn’t received the email and he qualifies based on AP scores and PSAT scores. He took the PSAT in Jan because it wasn’t offered in Oct (FL) so I am not sure if that is an issue. Guess I will be calling them Monday. Congrats to all who got this!

Congrats to you guys! My son received his as well. We are in Texas.

Do you know how they define rural or small town?

1 Like

@Juno16 You may have seen this since it doesn’t really give much info… but here is what the College Board website says:
Areas are considered rural and small town based on location data from the National Center for Education Statistics.

1 Like

@Rigby21 I am on the same boat. I guess I’ll also call on Monday if we haven’t received anything by then. Would you please post any update? I will do the same.
Congrats to those who got their invite! Did anybody who took the test on January got it?

@techmom1 will update as I hear anything. Hoping it’s a January testing delay, but if not we will probably self submit.

I didn’t realize this was an option for sophomores and came to CC looking for info. My son received the email inviting him to apply. He took the PSAT this past Oct as a sophomore. I thought it was similar to National Merit in that only juniors were eligible. We haven’t clicked on the link bc he just saw the email a few minutes ago and we weren’t sure if it was an option for him. I was going to have him ask his school counselor about it. We’re new to all this.

Did ANYONE here who received the email have a child who took the JANUARY PSAT?

Here is a list I found online. Based on the domain, I infer it was from last year.

Thank you!! Our school/town is on the list!

OK, next question. It looks like you have to have opted into the college board college search, aka kill a lot of trees to receive mail from schools you are not interested in. Is this actually the case? It appears at first blush that my kid should qualify, though she took the PSAT in January, not October. Should she opt in now? I’d hate to get all that mail, but it sounds like maybe it’s worth it?

Does anyone here know how I can find out what Arizona’s cutoff is? My daughter scored a 1210 on her PSAT, which is in the 91 percentile nationally, but I can’t find information on whether she made the 90 percentile in our state or not.

This old post suggests that the cutoff for Arizona was 1360 last year: National Hispanic Recognition Program Class of 2021 - Specialty College Admissions Topics / Hispanic Students - College Confidential Forums - Admissions Discussions and Threads

I do not know if it is accurate, and even if it is, if that number is representative of what the cutoff might be this year.

You might want to contact the College Board via National Recognition Program: Contact Us

I dont think so…ask to see if your child took the PSAT/NMSQT (specially that test). That is what college board uses for check for eligibility.
“ Students who take the PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10 (this one is the one that sophomores take so might be this one too), or AP Exams… may be invited to apply for academic recognition as part of the College Board National Recognition Programs”