College Board vs Actual Costs at the University of Arizona

<p>On College Board, it says:
Tuition and Fees: $24,597
Room and Board: $9,024
Books and Supplies: $1,000
Estimated Personal Expenses: $2,438
Transportation Expense: $1,682
These are averages. But how much does UA cost (not including scholarships) for you?
Also, how do you expect these costs will go up over the next four years?</p>

<p>Check out the following site: College Navigator - National Center for Education Statistics. Type in the name of the school you want to look up and it has a 4 year calculator based on the schools averages. AZ is hard because they decide the next year’s tuition so late.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>Thanks, but what I’m looking for is variances outside of these averages? How much does it cost a real, individual person to attend UA?</p>

<p>In-state is like $8000 in tuition and fees for 2010-11. I pay $350 a month for rent and ~$50 for food. Utilities and internet are like $50 but that depends. I have a job and very good financial aid/ decent scholly, so its pretty cheap.</p>

<p>[Tuition</a> and Fees Calculator | Bursar’s Office | The University of Arizona](<a href=“http://bursar.arizona.edu/students/fees]Tuition”>Tuition & Fees | Bursar)</p>

<p>BAM, you’ve been linked :D…it’s a pretty good calculator. Ignore the random sourced “misc student boarding transportation book” expense categories. Books will really maybe run $200 a semester if you buy used, dorm costs you can find on res life, apt. costs average $300-$500 a month for studios (depending on how ghetto they are), utilities maybe $70-ish. Food…I maybe eat about $6-8 a day. If you eat on campus though each meal is about $5.</p>

<p>How much will tuition go up in 4 years…probably about 4x more than inflation @ 2% a year so let’s say about +30%.</p>