College courses while in high school

I’ve been lurking on this forum for awhile. The information on here is fabulous, thanks so much! Hopefully I’ll have more content to contribute over the next couple years. My daughter is entering her junior year of high school. Over summer, she is taking Political Science at our local community college and she plans to take Biology, Microbiology, and A&P at the community college over the next two years. If nothing changes, she would like to enter a local BSN program as a direct entry student, hopefully to UCLA, UCI, San Diego State, or Cal State Fullerton. However, she is taking the classes at the community college so if she can’t enter a direct entry program, she can be eligible to transfer sooner. I noticed this disclaimer on the Cal State Fullerton nursing website, “Per CSUF Admissions and Records, students will not be accepted into the program if they have college level credit, except for AP/IB, other test credit, or credit from a CSUF transitory program.” She won’t be taking any college classes as a college student, all classes will be concurrent enrollment as a high school student. Does anyone know if this concurrent enrollment will cause any complications for her entering as a direct entry freshman?

Thank you,
Jennifer

That is in important question that should be directed to one or more officials at the university who handle enrollment. It also is the type of policy that might change from year to year, so I would want first hand recent info from the source.

I agree with Charliesch! Whenever I read something confusing on college websites, I always emailed the admissions department of that university to make sure. This includes the minimum SAT/ACT score for nursing admission, since I found that many colleges didn’t state that information clearly on their website.

Every college should have an admissions email address similar to “admissions@(collegename).edu” but I actually liked to email the admissions counselors instead, since it was more personal. If you just search around on the college’s website, you should find the counselors’ names, phone numbers, emails, etc. Some of them are specific to majors and states, so be sure to email the correct one. Good luck!