College Decision Dilemma [pre-med, Arizona full ride versus UCLA out-of-state]

I’m not sure who told you that the loans would be worth it for out of state UCLA, but that’s bad advice. Please don’t do that. First-off, very few of the “premeds” coming out of high school actually go to medical school. It’s seriously not for most people, and students find passions elsewhere as they mature.

Second, she has a full ride. Turning that down to pay $300,000 for UCLA is nuts…VERY NUTS :slight_smile: Please don’t do that. If she DOES decide medical school, she will be going in debt free. That’s a huge advantage, since medical school is absurdly expensive. If not, she’s debt free going into a career, which is also a huge advantage. My advice…take the scholarship and RUN!

3 Likes

I want to reassure you that, in the scenario where you end up going for grad school or biotech rather than med school, Arizona vs UCLA will make no difference whatsoever for your prospects. And the lack of loans will make a huge difference. Glad to hear you’re headed to Arizona. I know some amazing biomed researchers there – you’ll love it.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.