Colleges with 100% of demonstrated need met for international students?

I know that Tufts, Rice and Pomona meet 100% of demonstrated need for international students. Does anyone know of any other colleges like these?

1 Like

Ah, but these colleges are also need aware for admissions…so your level of financial need is considered when your application for admission is reviewed.

Here is what Tufts says…they clearly state that international aid is very competitive.

https://admissions.tufts.edu/tuition-and-aid/applying-for-aid/international-student-aid/

From Rice:

Rice’s international need-based aid policy for both admission and financial aid is need aware. This means that students who are not U.S. citizens, nor permanent residents of the U.S., nor in refugee status are considered international, and the student’s financial need will be considered for both admission and financial aid. When the Committee for Admission evaluates such applications, the amount of financial aid a family might need is taken into consideration.

And Pomona:

Pomona College is committed to meeting the full demonstrated need for all international students that apply for financial aid at the time of admission. The Admissions Committee takes financial need into consideration at the time of admission, so it is important that international applicants who need financial assistance to help with college costs apply for financial aid when applying for admission. Undocumented, DACAmented, and students that graduate from a US high school are considered domestic applicants and are not evaluated under the need aware policy.

The only need blind colleges that meet full need for international students are:

• Amherst
  • Bowdoin
  • Dartmouth
  • Harvard
  • MIT
  • Princeton
  • Yale
2 Likes

Absolutely, I’m well aware of that! I noticed this policy while looking at colleges for my younger brother and was curious if this policy is widespread . Except HYPSM, all colleges are need aware for international students

That’s not true. These are the colleges that are both need blind for admissions and meet full need for ALL accepted international students. Stanford is NOT one of them.

• Amherst College.
  • Bowdoin College.
  • Dartmouth College.
  • Harvard University.
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
  • Princeton University.
  • Yale University.

There are also colleges that are need blind for admissions…but they do not guaranteed to meet full need for all international students.

Actually, there are plenty of need blind colleges. But they don’t meet full need for internationals. Perhaps not even partial need.

The 7 colleges that are need blind and meet need are the ones I listed (also repeated by @thumper1).

1 Like

These are not all need blind but do offer generous aid to international students.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/the-short-list-college/articles/universities-that-offer-international-students-the-most-financial-aid

This is a good resource that shows average FA for international students by school. It will be updated for 2022-23 CDS info over the next few months. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5d1ad956be52e800010a2502/t/6313e393ddb48a18cc68275f/1662247828371/Financial+Aid+for+International+Noncitizens+(August+update%2C+2022).pdf

I believe Penn is need blind and meets full need for international students from Canada and Mexico only.Costs & Financial Aid | Penn Admissions.

That’s true. Is this OP from Mexico or Canada?

Frankly, a far better strategy is to figure out what you can pay and then look for colleges based on that. There are many schools in the US where an international can get an excellent education for say $15K out of pocket per year. Focusing ONLY on schools that meet full need is basically a really bad idea.

1 Like

Note also that promises to “meet full need” depend on how “need” is defined by the college.

1 Like