Colleges your child crossed off the list after visiting, schools that moved up on the list. Why?

Hi–this visit was only a virtual one, but someone on another thread recommended that I share it here. So just in case it’s useful:
Just wanted to tell everybody that I loved Drexel from seeing its Fbook and email PR. Then, we went to the info session (virtual) this morning and found out two very important things. 1) except for the summer after the first year, you get no summers off. They have a rigid structure for 4 and 5 year completion, and it sounds like they don’t allow significant deviation. 2) the presentation was all about co-ops and careers. I’m not exaggerating. The rep said “education” once, and he did not talk about academics at all. I think this school could still be great for students who really aren’t too interested in a traditional college education/experience. Many of the CS and Engineering students whose posts I read might really love this structure. But for social sciences, we had to rule it out! Hope this helps someone!

15 Likes