COLONOSCOPY How hard is it on you?

<p>If I can still recollect, Coke is no but Sprite is ok. You also can use ice water.</p>

<p>yes, dark cola is a no-no, but low fizzed sodas (7-up, sprite) will work. Didn’t try a soda, but I can see where letting it flatten out would be a good idea. </p>

<p>I survived on Ginger ale during my prep. Liters and liters of it. It was plenty fizzy.</p>

<p>I drink diet pepsi during my prep time and have always been fine. Just no red, blue or purple stuff. I don’t know how it would be mixed with the prep though. Iced tea might be a nice alternative.</p>

<p>I think the idea behind using Gatorade is to make sure your salts don’t get depleted as you do your prep. But I would have been very happy with diet coke. Next time!</p>

<p>My doc suggested Propel if you don’t like sweet gatorade.</p>

<p>Try g2, a lower sugar level Gatorade. </p>

<p>I actually used G2 last time, I think- white arctic cherry or something like that. Does it have an artificial sweetener? I think it tasted more sweet than Gatorade. I have never actually mixed the prep with diet pepsi, but I do drink diet pepsi as one of my “liquids” that day. </p>

<p>No, I think G2 is lot less sweet than the regular Gatorade. I do not have the bottle to compare any more, but it should be obvious with large G2 instead of G with a lightning. And I don’t think Gatorade uses artificial sweetener.</p>

<p>Is it okay to actually mix the magnesium citrate with ginger ale or sprite? My D has to do her prep today and I am anticipating a lot of angst over the taste.</p>

<p>^^^Mag citrate comes in cherry flavor if you haven’t already bought it
</p>

<p>I didn’t think the mag citrate tasted that terrible. Sometimes a sip would be really tart, but mine tasted lemony.</p>

<p>^^^DH pukes it right up. He hates it. I thought it was bearable.</p>

<p>She chugged the lemon flavor like a trooper. Didn’t think it was that bad at all. When I have to do it it is horrible for me!<br>
Now she feels nauseous though :frowning: </p>

<p>Ugh!! I go through the prep this Tuesday!!</p>

<p>I was slightly nauseous too, eptr, but it passed (pun intended) in a couple of hours. After that, it just became a blah, feeling until bed time. Woke up fresh and ready to go – dreaming of lunch!</p>

<p>She’s getting through it. Just hope the results are good tomorrow.</p>

<p>^^good wishes her way. </p>

<p>Please give recommendations for what to ingest during the “cleanse”. I am not a fan of gatorade/powerade, jello or popsicles. Can I have mango sorbet? I have chicken broth and water
 need more ideas please.</p>

<p>jym</p>

<p>when you say “cleanse” do you mean the last day before the procedure where you have to take the “laxative”?? or few days before the procedure that you have to follow a specific diet?</p>

<p>If it is the day before. Take Gatorade, Sprite, Ginger Ale or just Water mixing with the laxative will be fine, just bare with the deprivation for one day is not going to kill you. Don’t eat anything otherwise. You can have ANY thing you wanted after the procedure. I won’t even tell you what I had after the procedure.^^^</p>