Colorado College Class of 2021 Admission Statistics On College Kickstart Blog

Today’s College Kickstart blog cites the following admission statistics for the Colorado College Class of 2021: Applied: 8,215; Admitted: 1,212. Rate: 15%. (The blog always rounds the rate up or down; according to my calculations, it is an actual admission rate of 14.75%.)

They cite “Admissions” as their source but do not include a link (as they do for other schools). If these numbers are officially confirmed by the Colorado College Office of Admission, it will mean that CC received the highest number of applications in its history and had the lowest rate of admission.

This is significant. It has apparently been a record year for Colorado College.

Has anyone seen this information confirmed anywhere else? I am simply posting what I saw reported in a reliable public forum, but I want to say for the record that I haven’t seen any other confirmation of these numbers. Normally, they post a link to their source. This time, however, they simply have listed the word “Admissions” as their source.

Hi, @liveforlacs. My D17 just spent an overnight at Colorado College as it was one of the Accepted Students days. It was a 100% fun time for her and she’s definitely going to be attending CoCo next year. But as per your question: she said that someone (the director of admissions, I think) told the attending kids that this year they were part of the 14.8% acceptance rate. So, 14.75 and 14.8 aren’t statistically different;I’d say this counts as confirmation for you.

@JenJenJenJen Congratulations to your D17, and thanks for the confirmation! I realized after I posted that 14.75 should be rounded up to 14.8%. In any case, I’m happy to hear that she had a good experience at visiting days and will be attending CC (I have never seen the CoCo abbreviation before, but I have to admit that I kinda like it). Anyone interested in seeing overall admission statistics for the Class of 2021 may want to check out the College Kickstart blog (https://college-kickstart.com/blog). It regularly updates its site as various schools release their admission results.