Colorado College - ED and EA discussion thread (class of 2019)

<p>@carolinetaheri my financial aid code wasn’t working either. Has anyone else’s worked?</p>

<p>I was also awarded a merit scholarship but I can’t view what kind</p>

<p>My d is in, and her code worked, but it was a little hard. Maybe the system is jammed up.</p>

<p>I was deferred probably completely off the fact that I need a high amount of financial aid</p>

<p>I’m not sure whether or not it was the deciding factor, but since I need a lot of FA, it’s probably part of the reason why I was deferred lol.</p>

<p>I don’t think FA has much to do with it, I got accepted and had 90% of my tuition covered… you should write a deferral letter and see why… Best of luck! I am sure youll get in :)</p>

<p>Has anyone else received a merit scholarship? It doesn’t say for how much, and when I try to log into FA base camp it won’t let me </p>

<p>If you guys don’t mind, if you got merit aid, can you please post your stats. My son has a 4.2 weighted GPA, excellent test scores, amazing letters and great ECs and didn’t get any merit aid or financial aid. Did those of you that got merit aid also apply for financial aid? This is such a bummer for him, because there is no way we can afford $60k a year. Thanks</p>

<p>pcmom1 , your son got in? What was his unweighted and stats, if you mind me asking? My son has a 3.5 unweighted and a 4.6 weighted , 8% in his class. It seems like no one is considering his weighted. He took all AP classes which on some of them he got B’s. He got deferred going to CC. I’m in the same situation. If there’s no merit he’s not going.</p>

<p>@joranger, my son did get accepted. His stats are:
GPA: 3.97 (UW), 4.2 (W)

<p>ACT Math: 34
ACT English: 34
ACT composite: 33
SAT Physics: 800
SAT Math 2: 800
5 AP tests with a score of 5</p>

<p>He is currently taking 4 AP classes, just finished Calc 3 at a local univeristy, had glowing letters of rec and he has great ECs with leadership positions. I think his essays were really good. I just don’t understand how he did not get any merit aid at all. Really disappointed.</p>

<p>How do you know if you got admitted with merit? Does it mean you got a scholarship?</p>

<p>@jsong232, apparently it will be on your base camp page if you got merit aid. I am not sure because there is nothing on my son’s page about it.</p>

<p>It’s towards the bottom of the page…way below the timeline and all other acceptance information, which I feel is a strange place to put that information. Anyways, @pcmom1 that really surprises me that your son didn’t receive a merit scholarship. I have a 31 ACT, 2070 SAT and 3.92 UW/4.48W and I’m a full IB diploma candidate. They mentioned something about the strength of my co-curricular achievements, which could have contributed as those are by far the strongest piece of my application. Also, I’m in the running for a big scholarship for any school in Colorado, so it’s possible that CC isn’t planning on having to give me any money, but they want to make sure that I consider them more seriously than CU Boulder. Then again, this process is so mysterious! </p>

<p>@writeallnight, thanks for the info. Did you apply for financial aid also? We did, but don’t qualify so I wonder if that is why he didn’t get any merit aid. Frustrating.</p>

<p>I was accepted and receive a combination or merit and FA which ended up covering 90% of my tuition. I have a 3.96 GPA, 28ACT, full IB diploma Candidate with 25 college credits from CMC and 3 from Georgetown University… Hope some of that helped! I would contact them…</p>

<p>From past experience, I honestly don’t think CC gives out much merit aid, unfortunately. My D got in with a 4.0 UW, 34 ACT with some merit. Regarding admissions decisions, I think that CC really looks at life experiences and well-roundedness, as well as grades.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Out of curiosity, did the merit aid stack on your need-based aid, or did it replace it?</p>

<p>@Ctesiphon‌ I am pretty sure it stacked, because the aid I received is quite a bit more than any of the merit scholarships offered… However the FA doesn’t specify for some reason the details of the aid you receive… but since all my CMC credits are 100% transferable and IB diploma counts as a full year at CC, I don’t think they plan on spending the amount they’re offering me in 4 years. It’ll be 2-3years for me to graduate. </p>

<p>Applied EA, accepted with merit.
ACT: 33
GPA: 4.0</p>

<p>if the need-based aid covers 100% of the attending cost, does that mean I am not considered for any other further merits?</p>