Colorado College Ski Bus?

<p>On the CC website I read about a "Ski Bus", here is the quote...</p>

<p>Every weekend from early January until the end of March, the Colorado College ski bus offers students transportation to ski areas, snacks, and soft drinks for only $5 per person. The CC ski bus, sponsored by the Freeriders’ Union at Colorado College, takes students to Keystone, Breckenridge, Arapahoe Basin, and occasionally Vail ski areas. Season passes are available starting at $250.</p>

<p>Anybody have any experience with this?</p>

<p>Sorry, I don’t know anything about the bus.</p>

<p>What I do know is that my son skied whenever he wanted to and had no trouble finding rides and places to stay.</p>

<p>Here’s the link to the passes. Be aware that if you are 18 you can buy the teen pass at a lower price. The “bummer” of the passes is that the first year you MUST buy the pass IN PERSON. And, if you are 17 you have to have a parent in tow to get this first year.</p>

<p>Look at the link for the imformation on the dates when the passes are available. If the ski pass through CC is $250 and it provides what the passes on the link do, go for it. </p>

<p>[Colorado</a> Pass](<a href=“http://www.snow.com/passsales/default.aspx]Colorado”>http://www.snow.com/passsales/default.aspx)</p>

<p>I don’t know if I have ever looked at the bus info. I think I had heard there was a bus, but my S had a car by soph year. Gasoline at winter break last year was at its lowest, but if it stays high this year I imagine the bus will be a big draw.</p>

<p>BTW–last Winter Break my (then) soph S only came back to our town for a few days (5 --I think). Since the block arrangement means there are no finals after Winter Break, he spent almost 4 weeks skiing. He skied Taos, NM up to Jackson Hole, WY and then the 5 Colorado mountains while back in the dorms. </p>

<p>Start to network as soon as you get to CC as a freshman. You usually meet people with family/friends with places to stay in the major ski areas. My S didn’t pay a dime for a place to stay the entire break. And, the CC dorms open back up the first week in January even though regular classes don’t start till the end of the month. </p>

<p>Even as a freshman w/o a car you probably can find sophs and older students who have cars who would be willing to have you ride to ski and back each day for gasoline help if the buses aren’t running.</p>

<p>If you are trying to do it on the cheap (my S was/is) you can cook up a lot of pasta and take it with you to avoid the dreaded VERY EXPENSIVE food at the ski lift areas.</p>