Columbia Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

is there a withdraw button on the columbia portal? i cant find one on mine so idk if its a universal thing

What should I do if it says the login does not work? Should I use “First Time User”?

1 Like

if u go to update your application, when you press the button it gives a list of options and withdraw application should be there

1 Like

ty! i see it now

Does anyone know if deferred applicants from ED have any chances this year?

Just for context, I applied to Columbia with a 1510 SAT (which isn’t really great for ivies), and on my Letter of Continued Interest I included a Spanish subject test (770), which I don’t think will have that much value, since they were canceled, and also included a national gold medal at the Brazilian Astronomy and Astronautics Olympiad, apart from some updates regarding community engagement.

The fact that you were deferred means you’re definitely still in the running. They just needed more time to look at your application and make a decision. I’m not sure about the subject test, but the national gold medal is great! I’ve seen many college decision reactions where deferred students end up getting in. Good luck!

1 Like

Just curious why my son still received tons of Columbia pre-college classes email even he is a senior that applied Columbia?

1 Like

does everyone have one or two addresses listed? (Without editing anything)

not sure about everyone else, but I’ve got two addresses

I started receiving such emails soon after I applied, and it was definitely head-tilting.

1 Like

Yup, I’ve got two addresses.

same

I’m not sure but I think we always had two addresses

Agreed. Even if it were any kind of an indicator, we wouldn’t be able to decipher until a few minutes before our decisions are out (ex. Stanford ED, etc.).

I only have one address listed… out of curiosity, for those of you that have two, are there differences between the two? Or are they exactly the same?

I have two and they are exactly the same. One says permanent address and the other says mailing address

I got deferred too - I have heard that it is quite rare for deferred applicants to get accepted in RD but the gold medal seems like quite a big deal. Good luck!

1 Like

Hmm. Weird. I wonder why I only have one.

Thanks for the response :slight_smile:

it’s just spam, as far as i know. my friend was rejected ED and she still gets those emails, much to her chagrin.

I only have one as well… hoping this doesn’t mean they wont be sending us mail (ie. the acceptance package)!