Columbia Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Love letter… jk… Likely letter issued by the college to indicate that a student will most likely get admitted.

1 Like

i had an interview for columbia, barnard, yale, princeton, penn, and harvard. nyc applicant here

No interview for my son yet. He did get an interview with Harvard though.

So people say that not every student gets an interview, and that it isn’t necessarily a disadvantage since it probably means there aren’t a lot of alumni in your area. Then why do them? If equity is important, doesn’t it seem odd that kids from places without concentrations of Ivy alumni wouldn’t get interviews? I’ve heard the interviews are mainly to keep alumni engaged, any thoughts on this?

Is there any chance they will still send out interview invitations? Or most likely not?

With the huge numbers of applicants they get each year, they must have a way to include interviewer comments in their application review without letting it overwhelm everything else, and without questioning why it may be absent. I have one good friends who was accepted last year without an interview, and another who was accepted with one! It probably makes the review a little easier for the admissions officer to have a green flag from an interviewer, but they have to take it with a grain of salt. They’re doing their best.

The college interview issue is one of the more puzzling things I’ve encountered as a parent. There is an overwhelming consensus that they absolutely don’t matter. Yet, it is still hard to believe that universities would waste 1,000s of hours time of highly stressed high school seniors just to keep certain alumni engaged. The documents released from Harvard in the recent admissions lawsuit certainly show that interviews there do matter. This is just another layer to the mystery of this entire process.

3 Likes

My son applied ED. No interview. He was deferred. I was hoping he would receive an interview through the RD process. It’s the only Ivy he applied to.

i think yale interview writeups are due march 1 and columbia is still interviewing heop/nop candidates so maybe theyre still doing interviews?

Hey! Has anybody received a likely letter or know when they will be releasing it?

1 Like

There is no consensus concerning interviews. People have clearly been accepted without interviews. Some say they are for candidates on the bubble. I have spoken to a Columbia alumni and he say they are for borderline candidates. I have also read about other interviewers online saying the same thing. Others say they are completely random.

has anyone else been contacted as an heop/nop candidate? and if u have, did u have your interview yet?

hey! I did my interview like a month ago.

1 Like

if you dont mind me asking, do u live in ny/nys or are u oos?

I live in ny

1 Like

thanks for lmk!

Anyone still getting emails about interviews? DD hasn’t heard anything and I just wondered if they were finished with interviewing. Thanks

D has not received interview and we are in NY.

We are in NC and DD has not heard anything either.

was anyone’s financial aid portal updated today? mine was.