Columbia GS Fall 2023 Early/Regular Decision Thread

Congratulations! When did you apply?

I sent my application on March 1st.
They called me last week with some inquiries they had about my essay and they admitted me today.

I don’t know where to look for the financial package that is actually my determining factor to accept or not.

Do you know where to look for the financial aid package? Thanks.

what is the interview like? any pointers?

They asked you to interview?

Nope no update, just always better to be ready than not.

Did anyone get decent aid?

It comes out a couple weeks after being accepted.

Did you get a generous aid package?

I did, it is possible.

1 Like

There is hope for me then.
Are you going there?
For me everything goes down to that.

I want to but have a few road blocks in my way. My husband does not want to move to New York. He would be willing to move there for me but, we have two dogs. One is elderly and probably only has a couple years left in him and both are treated as ESA animals. Unfortunately they only allow one ESA in housing and we could not afford housing outside of family housing. So, it comes down to whether we leave the elderly dog with my mother and see if he is still alive by the time I am out of school. It’s really unfortunate.

I completely understand. I have 4 cats and have the same predicament as you. Two of my cats are extremely close to me. My fear is that they could die of sadness if I leave them for so long. My parents could take care of the 4 but is not the same. I do understand.

If you don’t mind me asking. What is the aid range they gave you?
I am considered very low income so $$ is my determining factor.

Let me know. Thanks.

Anyone hear anything? I hate static!

Nope. You haven’t been gone for six weeks yet, so don’t worry.

Hello, for the ones that got admitted to GS and received the financial aid package already.
What is considered a generous package?
$50, 60, 70k?

I got my package but don’t know if what I got is generous or not?

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the financial advisor regarding my package but don’t know if I should say my package is generous or not as I don’t have a benchmark.

Do you think taking a loan of $30k per year is acceptable or not?

Need some enlightenment here. Please reply with thoughts. Thanks.

I know I wont get in anyway… what a dream to stress about

$50k in aid is possible?? GS is infamously terrible for fin aid.

I got $40k in financial aid but still need to come with $50k to cover 1 year of school. Too much $$ for me to pay.

ill take your slot haha.