Columbia University Science Honors Program ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

<p>yeh see in u in september…AHHHH JUNIOR YEAR</p>

<p>^I know…I’m not looking forward to it…</p>

<p>omg. i got in. wow. this was really really unexpected. i knew no math on the math section…lol…</p>

<p>Congratulations cwangsterr! :)</p>

<p>wut classes???</p>

<p>yay i got in! I wasn’t really expecting that. at all. =]</p>

<p>anybody going there from central jersey? my mom is concerned about me riding on the train/subway/other modes of transportation in the city alone…</p>

<p>i think they’re going to tell us the courses for the fall semester sometime in early september? and they’ll tell us in jan for the spring semester. i think that’s what it said on the sheet…</p>

<p>^They’ll mail you something where you mark your top choices for courses. </p>

<p>@dragonbkwrm: You can PM me where you’re from if you want or what line you take because I take NJ Transit then subway. It’s not bad because there are normally SHP kids on the trains on Saturday mornings, and a lot of us on the subway.</p>

<p>im so excited ><</p>

<p>yay, thank you!
how many kids are usually in each class? and do we get hw?</p>

<p>Nope, no homework, no tests, no grades :)</p>

<p>The class size depends. In more popular classes like nano or human physiology there might be more than 20 kids. In my spring relativity class there was less than 10 some days.</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>Btw dragonbkwrm I’m from Monmouth County in Central Jersey, I take the train to Penn Station all the time. From within Penn Station you take the Subway, I think it’s the 1 train uptown, drops you off right in front of Columbia.</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>I’m also from Central Jersey, South Brunswick. I don’t take the train to New York usually but I think that’s what I’ll be doing for Columbia.</p>

<p>accepted 10chars</p>

<p>Anyone on the Morris/Gladstone branch of NJ Transit lol :p</p>

<p>Edison represent</p>

<p>Anyone know which classes are the more “hands-on” ones?</p>

<p>cwangsterr, are u from pingry?</p>

<p>who thinks they want to take nano or some less bio-ey course?</p>

<p>Okay, so I was accepted, but don’t really know if I want to do it. I already have 5 APs for next year, plus advanced math. So I’m not sure if I could handle it all or even if it would be worth it. Thoughts?</p>

<p>Definitely worth it. SHP courses are not a lot of required work, mostly info/experiences offered so you learn as much as you feel like. But, also a good thing to have on your resume.</p>

<p>It’s worth it. Last year (sophomore year) I took 5 APs (Calculus, Physics B, Physics C, Psychology, and Biology). Doing SHP was fine, we don’t get any homework or anything. Plus there are a lot of other students there taking a lot of AP exams (study buddies! :p)…Next year I’m taking 9 APs, and I think it’ll be fine. Don’t give up the opportunity though, and it’s a great extracurricular. </p>

<p>The non-bio-ey :slight_smile: courses are generally smaller.</p>

<p>Does anybody who has already taken courses know which courses are the more “hands-on,” interactive ones?</p>