Coming to campus during Iron Bowl

<p>“Big Bad Wolves” doesn’t exist other than on game weekends to my knowledge. They just have a stand outside the Houndstooth that they usually set up on the day before the game and keep it open through game night. I try and get some every time I’m down there for a game.</p>

<p>We will definitely head over to the Houndstooth on game weekend to get some barbecue nachos! Thanks for the info, NJBama!</p>

<p>Will the food vendors still be open after the game, since it’s an afternoon game? </p>

<p>Son, and us, will likely be hungry after the game, and would like to pick up something either on the quad or at the Ferg or Lloyd on the way back to his room.</p>

<p>Since Iron Bowl is on Friday, do you think the festivities, maybe on the strip, will continue onto Saturday?</p>

<p>I wonder if the nachos stand will still be open on Saturday. Really looking forward to them.</p>

<p>I’ve never personally checked because we always head to Buffalo Wild Wings after the games. But I’d imagine most of the vendors will still be out there after the game. The Ferguson food court places will probably be closed, but I know Buffalo Phils in Lakeside stays open all night, not sure about the places in Lloyd. Tuts or that new pizza place in the shopping center across from Publix are also good bets. Big Bad Wolves will still be in operation Friday night but not sure about Saturday.</p>

<p>All of the eateries on the strip will be open and depending on where you’re parked getting to Dreamland in Northport might not be too difficult. Forget about going to the original because that will be packed solid. If you like BBQ then you should try Archibalds on Saturday before you leave… It’s a dive, but it’s better than Dreamland IMHO.</p>

<p>Where is Archibalds? I apologize if you’ve already posted, but maybe we can bump up the location for other OOS people heading to Ttown for Thanksgiving with their kids.</p>

<p>Archibalds is across the river in Northport. I always take McFarland over the river and then make a left onto Watermelon rd and go to the top of the hill. You can also take a left off McFarland onto Hospital drive and take that up to MLK. Archiblads sits to the right of that intersection. Or if you’re in downtown Tuscaloosa you can take Lurleen Wallace over the bridge and make a right onto MLK and then take that down until you see it.</p>

<p>.Archibalds is pretty much a shack next to a house. You’ll see the smoke coming out of it so you’ll know you got the right place. There are only a couple stools at the counter and a few picnic tables out back. I usually get mine to go and eat back at the hotel. But it’s the best BBQ in Tuscaloosa IMHO and a must try for any BBQ lover.</p>

<p>There is also an Archibalds & Woodrowe’s down on Greensboro in Tuscaloosa towards Skyland Blvd. Same family but not the same owners, and pretty good but not as good as the original in Northport</p>

<p>Click the link for a few pics of the original location.
<a href=“http://blog.samdogbbq.com/2010/02/26/archibalds-tuscaloosa-alabama.aspx[/url]”>http://blog.samdogbbq.com/2010/02/26/archibalds-tuscaloosa-alabama.aspx&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;