Common App essay about PPD-NOS (having minor autism)

I plan to write my common app essay for prompt 2, which is about obstacles I have faced. I was diagnosed with PPD-NOS when I was three. However, I have never had any accommodations for it, have always taken the hardest classes my school offers, I have a decent amount of friends, am talkative, and things like that. I plan to approach it by basically saying that while I have this disorder and on the inside it may be harder for me to initiate things like talking to other people, raising my hand in class, and making friends, I have overcome that (broken out of my shell) and have been able throughout high school, to function like a normal high school student.

What do you think of this approach? Is there another way I should approach this topic or should I even use it at all? Thanks.

The common app isn’t used for applying to uc schools. Also, the freshman deadline has already passed.

Assuming this is just in the wrong forum. I personally would ask yourself, “How does this topic make them pleased and excited to have me on campus?” Because that is what you are really trying to accomplish. Don’t take the prompts too literally.