communications?

<p>Ok so I know this isn't exactly journalism, but it's sort of related & nobody answered when I posted it in other sections:</p>

<p>I'm looking to major in Communications. I have an interest in film and television production & would prefer a program that intertwines with that. </p>

<p>Basically, I was hoping somebody could tell me which colleges offer the best communications programs. You can leave out schools in the midwest unless they're in chicago or denver.</p>

<p>Also, here is a list of schools so far that I've looked into. If anyone has comments or helpful information on the following schools' communications programs, please let me know. </p>

<p>University of Southern California
CUNY Brooklyn
Suffolk University
Boston University
DePaul
Emerson
Temple
Florida State
Drexel
NYU
San Diego State
Northeastern
Chapman
UMiami
Santa Clara
Pepperdine
University of San Diego
CUNY Hunter
University of San Francisco
La Salle
CUNY City College
Pace
Fordham
PennState
Umass Amherst
UCSB
UCSD</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>(Disclaimer: If you're going to tell me to "do the research/email the school yourself", please don't bother. I AM doing my own research, & have visited the websites but am using College Confidential as one of my sources. It helps to get opinions from actual people who don't work for the school. I plan on doing even more research once I narrow down my list of schools.)</p>

<p>Hey! I’m a Communication major at USC! I just transferred from Penn State, though. I’m not too familiar with USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, but I DO know that it’s one of the best on the west coast. I’m trying to recall the rankings for top programs in the field and I believe it goes like this for the top 5: Syracuse Newhouse, Northwestern, University of Missouri, BU, and USC. I think NYU is #7 on the rankings…sorry I cannot back up my claims!</p>

<p>Truly, I was dissatisfied with Penn State’s school of Communication. Unless you’re a journalism major, there isn’t much going for it. Most classes are all about history and theory, which are great, but there is little to no actual hands-on Communication training, unlike USC. Journalism is great at Penn State because you got The Daily Collegian, but everything else is so-so. Also, I think job prospects are regional and I really didn’t want to work on the east coast, which led me to transfer to USC.</p>

<p>USC’s Comm major is AWESOME because you have a concentration. Mine is on Entertainment Business and Society. They also offer a minor in advertising, which is also exciting!</p>

<p>Good Luck!</p>

<p>I just got accepted to Penn State school of communication, I was wondering when did you transfer from Penn State to USC (assuming that you are referring to university of Southern California), and what is the GPA requirement? And also, once you are accepted for a certain major, can you change it without any penalty?
Thanks</p>

<p>I’m going to be a communication studies major at Pace University in the fall. I don’t know much in comparison to the other schools you listed but I do know that Pace has a great communications program with many opportunities! I hope that helped at least a little. </p>

<p>Sent from my HTC PH39100 using CC</p>

Emmacollette which school did you ultimately choose and why? I have a daughter who is looking into communications and your feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!