Congrats to class of 2010: 19100 applications

<p>For the class of 2010, Newsday ( a Long Island Newspaper) noted,"The University of Miami received 19,100 applications this year for 2,000 openings."</p>

<p>Thus, congrats to those who got accepted.</p>

<p>So taxguy, would you recommend UMiami? Do you know much about the Dual Honors Program in Medicine?</p>

<p>Jerzgrlmom, sorry, I don't know about the duel honors program. I thought your daughter is happy at RIT studying Graphic Design?</p>

<p>Hi taxguy. Yes, my DD is happy with her program at RIT. My #2 kid, my DS, just applied to UMiami. He's looking at neuroscience programs. He visited UMiami in Aug and immediately put it on his list. Now that it's getting cold here (had frost on the window this morning), UMiami is looking better and better.</p>

<p>Jerzgrlmom notes,"Now that it's getting cold here (had frost on the window this morning), UMiami is looking better and better.</p>

<p>Response: LOL, Your statement echoed the reasoning that I had for attending UMiami Law School many years ago. I was accepted into a number of good law schools,but I was TIRED of the NY weather. In fact, when I looked at Miami, NY was having one of the worst cold spells. I wanted warm weather in the worst way and never regretted it.</p>

<p>im in that "dual honors program" its called, the honors program in medicine. If you have any questions, i'd be glad to try!</p>

<p>coincolectr,
Since you're actually attending Miami, I'd love to hear about your experiences there. Are you happy with your choice (giving up other schools for UMiami)? What is different from your expectations (good and bad)? Do you, or will you, get any early experiences with medicine - such as with classes through the med school or perhaps interning at the hospital? </p>

<p>Do you and the others in the pgm have any free time or is it study, study, study? If you get a break, what activities are available? Can you get off campus if you don't have a car?</p>