Honors Program in Medicine

<p>Anyone here applying or currently in it?</p>

<p>bump
i got an email confirming they received my stuff a couple weeks ago</p>

<p>Hi there,
I also posted a thread about this a while ago.</p>

<p>I applied around late October, near the deadline, but I did not receive any confirmation.</p>

<p>What were your stats? Do you think it may be less competetive than other medical programs? Both my parents are docs and they suggested that I apply. Just for friendly comparison and to get a better idea, my SAT scores were pretty low: 710 CR, 680 Math, 680 Writing...630 SAT 2 Chem, 660 Math 1...eek (And I KNOW I didn't make the 1400 cut off but i hope they'll let it pass. >_<)
I did have a lot of extracurriculars though (swim team, JROTC, MUN, NHS, Debate Club, German Honors Society etc...), community hours (over 400 although only 70 were listed on the transcript since i changed schools my senior year!), 4.3 weighted gpa (my previous school did not offer many weighted honors/ap courses), 3.98 unweighted, GREAT recommendations (thankfully), and a good essay on why I want to be in the program etc..
I'm also an asian female and trilingual (korean, english, german, little french but that doesn't count)... </p>

<p>Have you heard anything about UM? What got you interested? I just moved to Florida a few months ago from Germany (military family btw) but I hear it's nice! </p>

<p>OK i would LOVE to hear from you. =)</p>

<p>Just if you want to chat,
my email is <a href="mailto:pianoabrina84@yahoo.com">pianoabrina84@yahoo.com</a></p>

<p>hey, so yea, i sent my stuff mid-late october
my stats include (indian male from nj):
800math, 740cr, 780writing
800math2, 770chem, 730bio
98.139 weighted gpa (5 points added to honors classes, 8 points added to ap classes)
junior year AP's: calc ab, us history, chem, physics c
senior year AP's: stats, us gov, english lit, bio, and i take math 215 analysis in a single variable at princeton
300+ hours volunteering at a hospital
nhs president
2 year jv tennis, 2 year V tennis
nat'l merit semifinalist
math league captain
panda (prevention of alcohol n drug abuse) president
rutgers astrophysics research institute
great rec's, solid essay
and a few other things</p>

<p>but yea, i applied thinking it is less competitive than other programs (at least brown, rice, northwestern, usc, and maybe some others).
i'm applying to these schools: harvard, princeton, duke, penn vagelos program, emory, washu
and these med programs: brown (ed), northwestern, rice, tcnj, george washington, miami, drexel, lehigh, boston u
but i don't think they'll be too mad about a 1390. they prob won't care
my friend's bro goes to UM, and he said he likes it a lot
that's cool that you moved from germany though..</p>