Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

Typo, good sign

I have this as well for my son

1 Like

It’s just the financial aid peoplesoft account number. Since they’re separate from admissions/need-blind they probably have separate systems until someone is accepted.

The id in student center section is the financial aid ID. Just checked the previous email the FA office sent to me. The number in the email is the same as in the student center.

1 Like

We have this as well
both

2 Likes

Cornell’s student ID’s are 7 digit numbers. Is yours a 7 digit #? My friends daughter, who was waitlisted last year (and declined a place on the waitlist) also still has access to the student center and is issued the 7 digit ID under demographics, she just checked. It could be that everyone is assigned a student ID, it just doesnt become valid until the student matriculates

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks for the information. yes, 7 digits. It makes sense that the ID will be activated once the student matriculated.

2 Likes

In the student center, under account inquiry, you should see 3 tabs. One of them titled “pending financial aid”

Can anyone see their aid? I see “no pending aid”

1 Like

In student center, there is “ View Financial Aid” option.

3 Likes

Inquiry access denied

1 Like

There are two options: one is “View Financial Aid”, the other is “Accept/Decline Aid”. If you can see these two together, then click on this “View Finanxial Aid” option.

what happens when you do this? It is very slow loading for us and I didnt want to get to a part of the website I wasnt supposed to be on

1 Like

Are the likely letters mostly sent for certain majors and students with specific skill set? Or they are very general?
Any insights, folks?

I didn’t click on it. I didn’t want to trigger something.

Its seems that having a Student ID and an Applicant ID means nothing
found this on a previous transfer thread

It probably just how Cornell handles the process.

This is what I see

I think so. I think we are all anxious and want to glean some info, its the next 4 years of our babies lives! Very hard to wait and stressful, especially if you are a planner, like I am! Good luck to you on Ivy Day!

5 Likes

Totally understood! Best wish to you and your son or daughter. Hug!

With decisions a week away, they are unlikely to have loaded anything into the portal yet, so I don’t think there will be any hints to be found right now.

5 Likes