Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

where can you find CAAAN?

1 Like

No. It just means there are not enough alumni in your area.

Truly the meeting in non evaluative. Cornell did away with the reporting a few cycles ago. It’s just an informative conversation.

1 Like

Unless you are applying for architecture, Cornell doesn’t offer interviews. The alumni meet ups are purely informational.

2 Likes

Hello all - a CSS question here - If we will not qualify for any need-based aid, is it required to submit CSS? We have already submitted FAFSA. Thanks!

No.

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick response!

1 Like

Quick question. Just got an email from Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network offering a Zoom call. Did not apply Early Decision, but Regular Decision. Great extracurriculars, solid SAT, top 2% of big high school, Texas. Any advice on what to make of this, please.

Just means that an alum is available to talk with you. Prepare some questions for them and enjoy the conversation!

3 Likes

It’s non evaluative as far as admissions goes but it’s a great way to ask questions of an alum. Our applicant’s interviewer said she is not allowed to write anything to the school and only lets the school know that you spoke.

2 Likes

Just got an interview request for next week !!
I submitted my application around December 15th

3 Likes

Is the interview scheduling based on when you applied? Is it safe to assume if you applied on the last week/day before deadline, they’ll run out of alums for the interview?

Not necessarily. It just depends on how many alumni are in our area and who is available.

1 Like

Across all the colleges I have applied to, of course, alumni availability is a factor, the biggest factor is simply how early you submit your application (according to a local ivy AO talked to at a college night). They send a list of applicants for each local area alumni to interview, it makes sense that thus if you submitted your application earlier you will be higher up on the list regardless of alumni availability. In fact, if there are MORE alumni you should get your interview earlier. But it varies, b/c I got an interview from Dartmouth earlier and there are not nearly as many Dartmouth alumni as other schools like MIT, Columbia, Princeton, Northwestern, etc

1 Like

My DS got interview email and scheduled for next week
 He summited application in mid November.

1 Like

I applied December 29 and had my interview email on January 14. My interviewer did not live in my area but we were/are in the same time zone.

which major you applied to? My son opted for MechEngg

Chemistry

2 Likes

Hello, our D23 applied RD. We were able to access her application portal and financial aid status page with the same credentials before. But today, when we clicked on “Access your Financial aid status” page, to see the checklist there, it took us to CUWeblogin and asking for a NetId to login. We don’t know what that is and the application portal login credentials doesn’t work for this page. Thoughts? We just want to see the checklist to make sure nothing is missing there. Thanks.

Just had my student try and he got the same new log in screen for financial aid that you described. Wasn’t able to log in either. No idea!

1 Like

Same here. The Cornell IT website ‘s list of scheduled outages suggests that might be related to planned maintenance.

4 Likes