Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

yep it ends up in “student center” if that’s what u mean?

1 Like

Doesnt anyone worry that trying to enter all these pages and portals that werent meant for us is not a good idea? They can track, no?

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

do you know where u found the form/the place to click acknowledge?

1 Like

Yeah. I wouldn’t accept the acknowledgment form. I haven’t and intend to wait until decisions release. They can track all of your electronic activity that way.

wait where did you find the acknowledge form again? like I’m in the student center but idk where you found the form

1 Like

There should be 2 buttons on the left with “financial aid”

do you mean “view financial aid” and “accept/decline awards”? does the form pop up if u click one of those links? also what does the form say generally

Yes. It’s a long form and it has a checkbox that says “acknowledge” at the bottom.

1 Like

can you send a picture or like what the general message of the form is? (like what does it say basically) i think i might have clicked it already without reading tbh

I’m not going back to the page. It’s worthwhile to wait for decisions first.

1 Like

Wild

More than tracking what one should worry about is, when you access those portals, the software might create a placeholder database log entry which then can cause a subsequent update on their systems for your record, to fail due to “insert” failing due to transaction conflict. In that case it would lead to dropouts from the batch processing and will take manual reconciliation and by that time their admission class might be full :slight_smile: More than tracking that’s what I would worry about as we see that all the time at work.

1 Like

What does that mean in regular terms for us parents who weren’t computer science majors? If the student got admitted they might actually instead be rejected just because they looked at the student center tab?

1 Like

Very simply, think about how they update systems with batches of accept/reject/WL records. If someone didn’t program them well, they expect not to find any entries in a database which they assumed would have never been accessed yet by admitted students. So when they go to process that file, if some access records with applicant/student id are already there due to this premature access, the batch update will fail for those records. Then someone in back office has to manually review/reconcile them which takes time. Who knows how that whole thing is designed. No matter what we think, this software is exercised only once or twice a year (at admissions time only) and will have plenty of bugs and not as smooth as software used on a daily basis. My post is not to make folks worried, but that would be the most likely deleterious effect rather than someone tracking and taking punitive actions.

Simplest example is when you try to save a file of same name in PC when a file already exists. It will pop open a dialogue, do you want to keep the old file, replace with the new file or cancel etc. You have to manually decide. Same thing happens for batch updates.

1 Like

If I accessed the SAC once, do you think uploading could still fail? I assume decisions are already in the portal, since some people can access the waitlist form right?

fin aid and admission are two systems?

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks for the CS 101 lesson!!

1 Like

rejected

D23 - waitlisted (AAP)