Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

Is she waitlisted for College of Engineering? or are all Cornell schools asking for another why Cornell essay?

Yes, my daughter got a request for another why Cornell essay as well.

Yes waitlisted for Engineering (comp engineering )

1 Like

my son has not received any email (COE) to do another essay

Check spam, my one was there

thanks found it.
any idea when it is due?
do you think it has any weight towards getting off the waitlist ?

Just said as soon as possible so I submitted within a couple of days of getting because I heard in another thread that people have already gotten off waitlist for coe. It should definitely hold a good amount of weight on determining who gets off.

1 Like

Where did you hear that students have gotten off the waitlist?

On the Cornell 2027 waitlist thread

I know personally of someone that was sent a likely email on Friday 4/21 and then Monday received the offer of admission (not a transfer).

What’s a likely email?

Do you know what college at Cornell? Our college counselor told us that Cornell CALS would wait until after May 1 to see if they needed to go to the waitlist (and that it was probably not likely).

kids received emails asking for confirmation of staying on the waitlist and if they would accept an offer of admission if it was offered. those are considered waitlist “likelys” bc 2-3 days later they received admission offers

yes - CAS. confirmed interest email on 4/21, offer of admission 4/24. another kid I know got the same email for CAS yesterday (and is waiting for his offer)

Not for COE I’m assuming

Got it! CAS (Arts and Science) not CALS (Ag School).

1 Like

If anyone hears anything about CALS communications waitlist please let us know. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

We’re waiting for CALS communication as well. Did hear of one CALS person for information science getting off the waitlist last week but nothing else.

Good luck to us both!!!

3 Likes

any movement for COE?

Have you heard anything yet?