Cornell RD Class of 2025

How were you told the decision? Email?

Policy analysis and management??

I think it doesn’t matter if you’re international or not, it’s if you said you were interested on your common app application. Only certain schools within Cornell do it though.

1 Like

lol yeah my bad

my financial aid portal was updated

1 Like

Yes I applied!! Human ec right?? I love that program

yesssssss. i hope you get in too so i can finally have a PAM friend lmao

omg pls😩 don’t think I’m getting in but if I do I’m @-ing u on here first LMAO

bye u getting in. i just sprinkled some magic dust into the universe for you lmao. <3

3 Likes

I cant wait for everyone to get their decisions!! Where else have you guys applied/ what schools are you waiting for?

I am still waiting for Duke, Penn and Cornell. Got waitlisted at WashU, Northwestern, Notre Dame, so I really hope I could get at least one more acceptance.

1 Like

I hate the concept of waitlists!!! like just tell me yes or no lmao. where did you get accepted?

I’ll play . . . my daughter’s status:

Waiting on: Barnard, Cornell (CALS)
Accepted to: Carnegie Mellon (Engineering), Cooper Union (Engineering), Michigan (Taubman/Urban Tech), Binghamton
Rejected from: Harvey Mudd, MIT, GaTech

In January, I think Barnard, Harvey Mudd and Carnegie Mellon were her top choices . . . no idea where she is leaning now, but I am pretty sure she is happy the process is winding down. :slight_smile:

Good luck.

1 Like

I’m an international student and I only applied to Cornell bc it was the only one I liked at the time, wish I had applied for more though!

2 Likes

congrats to your daughter!!! and congrats to you (my father said parents need to be congratulated on acceptances as well since you raised us LOL)

2 Likes

if you dont mind me asking… i always wondered the process of applying as an international student! do you have to jump through more hoops than domestic applicants?

hi! i’m an international applicant also so i guess i can answer your question. the process is pretty much the same, but we have to submit english proficiency test scores (toefl, ielts, etc), we aren’t eligible for fafsa obviously, and all the school except HYPM and amherst are need-aware for us.

Yah pretty much what po1ly13a said! But I’m from Ireland so I didn’t have to do the English proficiency test. Also, our system here is different so we don’t have Counsellors here so I just got my vice principal to do all that for me which was kinda hard as they didn’t really know how the process worked.

1 Like

WHAT? are you guys still eligible for institutional aid??

FAFSA is for federal student loans and yes, you need to be a US resident.

International applicants are eligible for institutional aid but Cornell is need aware. They do not have an unlimited amount of money and needing financial aid will play into admissions decisions for international applicants.

Cornell is need blind for domestic applicants.