Cornell University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Congratulations! What college was your daughter accepted into?

1 Like

Thank you! Arts and Sciences. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please share your chances?
Applied RD to College of Engineering. Interested in Chemical or Material Science.
Demographics:

• Female/Asian Indian
  • Large Bay Area California Public High school
  • UW/UC Capped/Weighted GPA : 3.95/4.32/4.5
  • School does not rank- However, Top 9% of High School Class according to the UC Application(ELC)

ACT/SAT/SAT II: Super Score 36
Composite=35 Math=36 Science=35, English=35, Reading=33
Composite=35 Math=35 Science=34, English=36, Reading=36

Honors/AP/Dual Enrollment/College Level:
Accelerated Algebra 2/Trigonometry and PreCalculus
Chemistry in the Earth Systems Honors
AP Euro - 4
AP Calc BC - 5
AP Chemistry - 5
AP Comp Sci Principle - 4
AP Spanish - 4
AP Statistics (12th Grade)
AP Physics 1 (12th Grade)
AP English Lit (12th Grade)

[Carnegie Mellon] Univ Pre-College Summer
Introduction of Chemical Engineering - A
Statistics - A
Foothill College
MATH 1C - Multivariable Calculus (12th Grade) - A-
Honors:

• Qualified for US National Chemistry Olympiad;Scored in top-16 in Northern California
  • 4th in Team Round Washington University Chemistry Tournament; Fifty teams of six members compete in this day-long national chemistry competition
  • American Chemical Society National Conference - Developed/Allowed to present a synthesis route for compound at the lab with teammates
  • Piano Certificate of Merit - top 2% students perform at the Certificate of Merit Convention.
  • AP Scholar with Distinction
    EC:
  • Assist chemistry teacher as a chemical technician; set up labs for AP Chemistry and Chemistry Honors students; - graded course for 12th grade
  • ATDP (Academic Talent Development Program) - Introduction to Engineering course
  • Reached level 9 out of 10 in Music Teacher’s Assocation of California a standardized evaluation program for piano
  • Member of the girls’ high school wrestling team; Pre-COVID in 9th Grade(2019); Stopped after COVID
  • Carnegie Mellon University Music Orchestra - Invited to play bass guitar in the Carnegie Mellon University Pre-college Jazz Orchestra
  • Bass in the High School Musical Orchestra
  • Math Club Executive Officer
  • Emory University Research Internship(ongoing) - performing data analysis in R for a paper
  • Performed bass guitar at a Beatles concert at a church to raise money for the Ukraine crisis;
  • Coached gifted elementary school students on advanced math concepts for the Math Olympiad
  • ASDRP (Aspiring Scholars Directed Research Program) - Published peer-reviewed paper;Research at chemical synthesis lab
  • 6K YouTube subscribers;3K Spotify streams; Original Music curation

Decent Essay: Not a great story teller; Would rate 7/10

1 Like

Hi, did anyone get deferred from Nolan SHA during ED? I was wondering if it was okay to send in a letter of continued interest. The decision letter didn’t state it was suggested or that it was not allowed, so I was wondering if anyone on here knew? Thanks!

hi. is there a thread for RD, is or is this one j used?

2 Likes

@Summer_Schnabolk1 I am an international student and got deferred. Did you end up sending a letter of continued interest?

1 Like

which school did you apply to at cornell?

Yeah I did. It was about a page roughly with single spacing. also I saw your comment on the other feed. I don’t know too much about intl students.

Did you upload it your portal or emailed?

1 Like

uploaded it as a supplemental document

2 Likes

Anyone got a paper acceptation letter from Cornell?

1 Like

deferred ed, just received a request for household verification and non-filer’s tax statement. I already got the idoc request in November so I’m hoping it’s a good sign

1 Like

Nope.

1 Like

Did you get into Cornell?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

Hi guys,

What are my chances of getting into Cornell as a Chinese student?

I applied to the College of Arts & Sciences. Physics major.

GPA: The IB doesn’t really do GPA. But if 7–6=A, 5=B, and 4=C, then I have 5Bs and 1C in total across high school. All Bs and Cs are in humanities and Chinese (i’m Chinese but IB Chinese is so hard). Predicted Grade: 41/45 all 3 bonus achieved.

SAT: I do test-optional

IELTS: 8.0 total

Extra-curriculum:

1. Founder: WeChat and YouTube video channel on IB related educational videos. Collected 15w views, 7000+ likes, and 4500+followers. 3 years
  2. Physics TA 2 years
  3. Founder/Initiator: Community Music Livestreams. 1000+ viewers in total. 1 year during COVID.
  4. Founder: Science-Philosophy TED-styles knowledge sharing community. 4 years
  5. Founder/President: Math Competition Club. 4 years. Won the School Merit Award for AMC 10.
  6. Founder/Supervisor: STEM tutoring sessions in the school community. I give training sessions to the tutors I selected, and I also work as a tutor. 3 years
  7. Paid tutor: IB Physics, Math, and Chemistry (also some freshman college physics). 3.5 years
  8. Leader: Swimming club. First place in Beijing Water-cube invitational swim meet 50m free (32.08s) (I’m not an athlete, not even close). 3 years
  9. Leader/Initiator: Music Club/Orchestra. Initiated 30+ concerts. 4 years.
  10. Cornell Pre-College program: ASTRO 1101. GPA: 4.0.

Honors:

1. AMC 12A DHR; AMC 12B HR; 2023 USAMO Qualifier
  2. Review paper collected at CPCI index
  3. British Physics Olympiad R1 Top Gold Medal
  4. Physics Bowl D2 National Silver
  5. ABRSM piano grade 8 merit

I think the recommendation letters are pretty good. The two teachers I asked knows me pretty well, and I also showed them what Cornell wants.

The essays I think are ok too.

Please give some predictions. Thanks guys :D.

1 Like

Some additional information:

Science-Philosophy TED-styles knowledge sharing community: Organized 3 guest lectures for 50+ audiences.

STEM tutoring sessions in the school community. Collected 350+ visits.

In my resume, I also mentioned about “Australian Math Competition Senior Division National High Distinction” and “AMC10 National Distinction”.

1 Like

Additional Exams:
AP Calculus BC: 5
AP Physics C: Mechanics: 5
AP Physics C: E&M: 4

Cornell Summer School: 3 credits earned.

Honestly it’s never a sure thing, but I think you’re going to get in, you really stand out from the crowd+your regional diversity really boosts your application. Good luck!

Strong ECs, but do expect many applicants with 44-45 IB expected who would be seeking admission alongside you, representing the top 3% of IB exam takers. Best of luck.