Cornell University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Congrats! Curious if you submitted scores?

NY2023, congrats on the well-deserved admission. I plan to apply to Cornell next year. Did you upload the optional resume and wrote the optional covid-19 essay in your common app? I just want to start early and plan my Cornell application strategy. Thanks!

Did anyone get admitted into Human Ecology? If so, congratulations and can you please list your stats? Thank you!

1 Like

I did submit scores. I got a 36 on the ACT.

1 Like

Hi!

I did submit a resume, but not the COVID essay.

I submitted my test scores. Iā€™d be happy to chat with you.

Son accepted ED to Cornell Arts & Science.
1530 SAT
100 Weighted GPA (School does not give unweighted gpa or rank)
Very Large suburban public HS
12 AP & all honors
Dept of State Youth Ambassador, Unique EC related to his major, internship, and fluent in 2nd non-native language. Musician.
Commended Scholar PSAT, AP Scholar

1 Like

Straight rejection
international male (didnā€™t apply for financial aid)

Applied to CS College of Engineering

1480 (680 RW / 800M)
3.67 UW 4 Weighted (10 AP Courses)
TOEFL 110
AP Cal BC (5) AB sub (5) AP Stat (5) AP Bio (4)AP CSP (4) AP Physics I (4) AP Env Sci (4)AP Human Geo (4) AP World History (4)AP Microecon (4)

Awards at a number of international math competitions
club president / volunteers / research / sport / art

3 Likes

I just lost all hope. I doubt if I can even be deferred from UIUC CS.

1 Like

Maybe my GPA and SAT were too low compared to other applicants.

2 Likes

Any accepted students apply test optional?

1 Like

Donā€™t lose hope! There is a school out there for you! And UIUCā€™s acceptance rate for CS is also very low, especially for OOS. So Iā€™m hoping it isnā€™t your only back up plan.

1 Like

Havenā€™t been on CC in quite a while, but I wanted to drop in and say I was accepted to CALS! :partying_face:

No ACT/SAT because CALS didnā€™t take them
11 APs and all 5s on all tests Iā€™ve already taken
Varsity sports, internships, leadership in multiple clubs, ample volunteer hours, community outreach/initiatives in subjects relating to my interests (population health, medicine)

Commended Scholar PSAT, AP Scholar, State award for leadership

2 Likes

I was deferred

1 Like

D23 also deferred from SHA

Yes intl. here accepted with almost full ride.

Accepted into CAS for government!
Stats:
Hispanic living in rural southern state
Decided to go test-optional
3.93 UW GPA
33/803 class ranking
Good ECs related to major

3 Likes

UIUC CS is one of the top programs in the country. Thatā€™s why choosing a second major on the app is key, if you would go there for something non-CSā€¦

2 Likes

For those accepted, when did you receive the financial aid info?

DD accepted 1510/35 3.95uw/4.4w 300 hours service, eagle scout, good LoRs and essays.

I have not received fin aid info yet here. Hopefully soon.

2 Likes

We got our financial package late Friday. The calculated EFC was better (lower) than shown on the FAFSA, resulting in a good offer.

Cornell still factors $5k or so of loans, which was expected based on Cornellā€™s cost calculator, but still a little disappointing for an institution of its caliber.

Overall very happy!

3 Likes