Cornell University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Did you have to request the interview…and does it affect admission.

1 Like

has anyone else received an email from Cornell asking to deliver original financial aid documents to Cornell’s FA office in person? I opted to go for the second option which said I could notarize and send documents in the mail instead. Wondering if this is common for most ED applicants - trying not to read too much into it.

My son did request it. For Arts and Sciences it is only informational (not evaluative) but that differs depending on the school you applied to.

On financial docs, our first INDOC upload didn’t work, but the second time did.

Good luck on ED!

Does anyone know when they are releasing ED decisions?

They say mid-December. Last year they announced on the 9th that decisions would be released Monday, 12/13. So, figure about two more weeks.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks! Yeah, I see that it says mid-December everywhere, but wasn’t sure if they announced the date yet.

The wait is really hard!

4 Likes

Is announcing on the 9th pretty standard for each year? Should we expect to wait till then?

Did anyone here apply to Humec?

1 Like

I think it’s random. It seems like it can be anywhere from 12/12-12/20 based on when others have heard.

I applied to humec as well!! What major?

Weird question- does anyone know if alumni members can see the decisions before they get released? Like if they have access to them??

Do you guys have your parent ED agreement listed as downloaded or submitted? I’m trying not to read too much into it

Where do you even see that?

its on common app under recommenders

Parent ED agreement was marked submitted upon applying however, when I went to look at this I noticed the the Optional Report was just downloaded yesterday - hoping that is a good sign!

Hope for the best but just keep your options open!

1 Like

Nutrional Sciences!

Alumni members can not see admissions decisions at all. Alumni interviewers are told if any of the students they interviewed are accepted but that’s after decisions are released.

1 Like

Does yours say downloaded? Mine still displays “submitted”. Guess I am already rejected.

2 Likes