Covid vaccines roll outs in your state or location

Make sure you have the confirmation from Walgreens. Relatives here thought they had scheduled an appointment but never received a confirmation. They called and indeed…did not have appointments.

In CT, ALL school workers are now eligible…so teachers, cafeteria workers, bus drivers, para educators, office staff…everyone. The health care related school workers like OT, PT, Speech, nurses, were in group 1A…so they are all done if they chose to have the shots.

Many many school districts are setting up vaccination clinics for school staff.

Perhaps of interest to fellow NJ residents:

I am now officially eligible, with my BMI of 25.2.

4 Likes

Many, many schools have been in-person learning since September. Most publics seem to be on a hybrid model. Most privates are full time.

1 Like

My health care system includes the minorities and poor populations of my city (medicaid, medicare and homeless). I just checked and there are tons of appointments available for vaccines for this weekend at the clinic I’m going to. It is in a more suburban area but has bus service and medical van service for transportation. They did not open the appointment to the general public, only to clients of the hospital system (so far). I’m not sure if they allow walk ins at the end of the day, but I will ask on Friday and let my friends know. It’s a stand alone building with no foot traffic. My friends who have Kaiser and University Hospital insurance cannot even get appointments for any time in March. This is kind of a reverse SES preference that this hospital system has so many doses available and other ‘rich’ systems don’t.

I think things will really start moving in the next weeks. The governor announced vaccines allotments in the next few weeks as 256k, 278k, 330k and 400k. He’s not sure how much of that will be J&J, which because it only needs one dose is in effect a double dose.

Moderna in San Diego has been a disaster for second doses. Not enough supplies and people are being rescheduled two, three, and four times with no info of when more supplies will arrive. So no firm dates on new appointments. What could have caused this supply issue? Is it happening elsewhere?

I just got an email from my school saying we’re now approved in PA for J&J vaccine and they are giving them in a school building.

I’d love a vaccine, but since I’m not working this year, I’m unsure if I should get one. I emailed HR back asking.

I still don’t think I’d feel comfortable returning to school as long as we’re still helping to take care of FIL. Most anecdotal stuff I’ve seen says the vaccines might stop transmission, but until that’s a known I’d worry about giving it to him or others in my family (who give it to him).

@thumper1 what do you mean by confirmation? She has a confirmation email from Walgreens with all the information. She forwarded it to me, plus I have screenshots of the Walgreens site when I registered her that include the confirmation number. Did your relatives not have a confirmation number when they made the appointment, or maybe they made their appointments by phone?

They didn’t ever receive confirmations!

If anyone has any tips for getting appointments for eligible folks in Maryland, please post them!

I’m in MD. Darn I just got a text about new appts at 6 Flags that I sent to my neighbors but they are probably gone by now. They released them at 5pm.

What county are they in?

Editing to add, do they people you are trying to help use cell phones?

Wouldn’t including “overweight” (as defined by BMI >= 25) almost make it a free-for-all, since probably about 2/3 of adults in the US are “overweight” (or “obese”)?

3 Likes

That’s my take, too.

@thumper1 my neighbor just texted me - one just got an appointment at 6 Flags but the other didn’t. I’m not sure where the people love who need an appt, and whether they are willing to drive. If they or someone who is helping them uses a cell phone, you can text the phrase “MDReady” to 898211. They will then receive texts from the state’s COVID website when new appointments are available at their mass vaccination sites like Six Flags and M&T Stadium. I got a text today at 4:30 saying there would be new appts added at 5pm for Six Flags. I immediately alerted my two neighbors. One was able to get an appt, the other did not. This is the website covidvax.maryland.gov

Hope that might help.

1 Like

I was able to get my shot today. I was in the pharmacy, I asked and they said ok after registering me. The area I was in was a low SES area and apparently few are signing up or coming into to get them.

Mine was the Moderna…glad to have gotten the first dose.

2 Likes

From the the PA governor’s website

” The initial priority is vaccinating school staff that have regular and sustained in-person contact with students during the regular school day, including teachers and staff providing pre-k and elementary instruction, special education, English learners and associated support because younger children are more susceptible to learning loss and their families are more likely to have childcare challenges.”

Hopefully your school district and others in the state follow the recommendations for prioritizing staff.

I was able to get my mom an appointment for Friday at a Publix very close to her in FL! She is very excited. I had 4 browsers open, plus my phone. Very thankful. Now we wait for the rest of us. I would love to be able to have a graduation party for D21, maybe by mid summer…

2 Likes

Yay! I had made an appointment for my husband, but it meant a two-hour drive each way. I kept looking at Hannaford, Walmart, Walgreen, and state health network sites all day yesterday and today. I clicked on “Choose time” over and over and over again, with nothing appearing. Then all of a sudden, late afternoon, a bunch of appointment times popped up! I found a slot at a site only 20 minutes from our house. So it will be an hour and 20 minutes of driving time for the two shots rather than 8 hours. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

We had the exact verbiage in our email and they are supposed to be putting folks in line via a survey we have to answer by Friday (answered even if not planning to get the vax or having already gotten it via a different source).

1 Like

Thank you!

I hadn’t thought of lifeguards being first responders, which of course they are. They should have been in the 1A group (first responders are in that group in my state).

3 Likes