Covid vaccines roll outs in your state or location

And it all depends upon whether the person has gotten their vaccine or not (or whether a loved one has been able to or not). You got your 1st dose yesterday, so your viewpoint is probably quite different from someone who has yet to score one, yet sees so many at lesser risk getting theirs.

But you are certainly right in that things are going to start changing dramatically as the supply keeps ramping up. But, still, we are in that dangerous time when we are trying to outrun the variants by vaccinating as many as possible. I read that epidemiologists are holding their breath right now.

1 Like

Good luck @ Marilyn!

1 Like

My dad was finally able to get his second shot. He just walked in, no appointment. He is 94 and a WWII veteran. I am so glad that no officious bureaucratic rules stopped him. In his county, he had to log in, make an appointment, go to MyChart, make a MyChart account and then, maybe then, he could get the vaccination if by then the slots weren’t full.

The people who created the system in his county in Illinois and many others assume !) that all old people are in nursing homes or 2) are computer literate or 3) have children who live close by to help them.

8 Likes

Hmm
 BMI being over 25 does seem surprising for new NJ eligibility. (Even the BMI over 30 that was already a criteria seems surprising.)

Anyone in the metro Atlanta area 65 and up, there are tons of open slots today at a mass vaccination clinic .

Northside Hospital is hosting a mass vaccination clinic for patients over age 65 years of age on 3/5/21 at the First Redeemer Church in Cumming, GA. More information on this vaccination clinic is listed here directly from Northside Hospital - Forsyth:

• Manufacturer: Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
  • Who: Patients who are 65 years and older.
    • They are NOT serving care givers at this time. (only serving 65 and older)
    • If people that do not meet criteria and sign up and show up – they will be turned away
  • When: The NHF COVID Vaccine clinic is this Friday, March 5th (First Dose – Pfizer)
    • Times open 9am-3:50pm
  • No cost.
    • Address: 2100 Peachtree Pkwy. Cumming GA 30041

Patients need to be able to come back 21 days after the first dose (2nd dose Clinic will be on 3/26) and will get Pfizer 2nd dose as well. Please use the link below to book an appointment. You will need to fill out the consent when booking an appointment. Please bring a form of ID to the clinic. You will receive a text and/or email confirmation of your appointment.

Registration Link: http://northside.bookappt.link/covid19firstredeemer-dose1

4 Likes

Lots of my friends that are eligible in MA got J&J vaccine appointments this morning from CVS at about 5:30am. Near their homes and convenient times.

2 Likes

My brother in NJ (in his fifties) has gotten his 1st Pfizer dose at a mass vax site. He said it was because he has hypertension.

@am9799 did they know in advance that CVS was offering J and J? Until now CVS has been doing Moderna around here. I wonder how many are switching to J and J. (I would take anything, just to be clear)

I have an appt. in my health care system next eek. They have been doing Pfizer. I wonder if next week it will be J and J

My friend is getting J&J at National Jewish Hosp. tomorrow. They told her it was J&J when she made the appointment (which is strange as the governor wasn’t sure we’d get any J&J this week).

I’m getting mine today and I have no idea which one. They’ll make the appointment for #2 when I’m there, so I’ll know Pfizer or Moderna by the timing of #2.

3 Likes

With CVS if it’s J&J you should know because they won’t schedule shot #2. They schedule it immediately if it’s one of the other two.

1 Like

Yes that’s right, CVS gives the second appointment when you schedule the first for Pfizer and Moderna. Walgreen’s doesn’t and other sites that I have had contact with schedule the second after the first so there is now ay of knowing. I understand why they don’t want to get into granting preferences!

Yes! Many of the teachers at my school have had good luck with CVS. And the appointments that were booked today are definitely J&J. Everyone seems happy!

3 Likes

Just goes to show how things vary from state to state. In CT, for Walgreens
you schedule both shots at the same time. If you can’t schedule the second
you can’t schedule the first.

My D (a teacher) has an appointment at CVS next Tuesday and was scheduled for a second appointment 3 weeks later so she is assuming she is getting the Moderna vaccine.

1 Like

@showmom858 three weeks later is Pfizer. Moderna is four weeks later.

@thumper1 Thank you. Maybe D said the second one is in 4 weeks!

1 Like

Yes, the appointment said it was for a J&J vaccine, one dose. A friend that got a 2-dose vaccine at CVS (not today but preciously) had to book the second vaccine at the same time as first dose. CVS would not book a 2 dose vaccine unless a second appointment was available. Today, my friends told me all the appointments that they looked at were for J&J. I have no idea if they were some Pfizer or Moderna vaccines available but it looks like most were for J&J. They weren’t asked to choose ahead, only provided with time slots. After clicking a time slot then they would get the message saying this is a J&J.

The rolllout in suburban Philadelphia has been a disaster. DH and I are using apps developed by people to help source when Rite Aid releases new appointments, which is usually at 11:45 pm. So we stay up and play “Rite Aid Roulettte” to try to get him an appointment. Finally got one 2 hours away (one way). Rural counties are getting much more vaccine per capita.

There is a doctor who created a whole group to match people needing shots with people willing to play the roulette for them.

There is something very very wrong with this system.

6 Likes

I know this is specific but does anyone know how you can schedule a vaccine at Meijer? My husband will be eligible Monday and his boss said he already has his scheduled there (he is not over 65 and does not fall into any of the categories that is open in Michigan today)

When I look at their website, there is only a place to register, is there a way to see if they have open appointments?

Same for Colorado.