Covid vaccines roll outs in your state or location

And mine was Pfizer but scheduled 4 weeks later automatically at Walgreens.

1 Like

That’s OK
Pfizer second shot just needs to be 3 weeks or more after the first. I’m not sure the outer limit.

1 Like

In Texas for the students a BMI over 25 was on the secondary list of medical issues, with BMI over 30 being on the primary list. BMI over 30 is considered obese so it is definitely someone who is classified at having health risk and should receive the vaccine. Over 25 is considered overweight.

A lot of the overnight places that are doing 24 hour around the clock are adminstering JNJ overnight and a different version during the day. My daughter is getting it in Syracuse next week and during the day it’s Pfizer but overnight it’s JNJ. She was hoping for JNJ but she’ll have to suck up and get Pfizer. Yankee Stadium is also doing JNJ overnight.

Walgreens here schedules Dose 1 and 2 when you make the appointment.

I got my second Pfizer shot today.

Denton County (North Texas where I live) continues to be the gold standard on mega vaccination sites. They administered their 100,000th vaccine yesterday. It’s crazy how efficient they are
from the time I pulled in for 8:00 am appt to after the 15 min waiting it was 8:22 am when i left. Didn’t have to get out of my car at all.

10 Likes

My parents got their first shots today!!! Thank God.

18 Likes

Over 350,00 shots administered at just one of Phoenix’s mass vaccination sites

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/monday-marks-50-days-of-covid-19-vaccinations-at-state-farm-stadium/ar-BB1e7YQk

9 Likes

@compmom I scheduled my daughter’s appointment at Walgreens. First time I tried, I was just fooling around to see how it worked and shocked to see they had available appointments. I had planned to talk to her about her schedule before making an appointment but when I saw availability I figured I would schedule it and could cancel if she couldn’t make it. I selected the first date and then the next screen said I could not schedule an appointment because there were no available appointments for the second dose.

The next day, after talking with my daughter, I tried again on Walgreens website. This time, a lot more available first dose appointments with one location only 10 mins away. Selected it, then took me to next page to select the date and time for her second dose. Finished out the process and got confirmation for both first and second dose scheduled and confirmed. She got Pfizer. Her first shot was this morning. Second dose is April 4. Editing to say, her second dose is 4/2, not 4/4-Easter Sunday.

Edited to add I replied before reading the whole thread and see that many others have already stated Walgreens schedules both doses at same time.

4 Likes

Only in New Orleans! :trumpet: :guitar: :saxophone:

I had my first shot today and they scheduled the second while I was there, also for April 4. I asked "Is that Easter Sunday? " and was told “It can’t be, we wouldn’t be open if it were.” Got home and checked and it IS Easter Sunday. I expect they will cancel so I’m going to change it to the 5th.

Are you sure your daughter didn’t get Moderna? That’s the one that is 4 weeks between shots and April 4 is 4 weeks away.

The vaccine place was not in an Eastern Orthodox church, was it?

It is OK with either Moderna or Pfizer if the 2nd vaccine is given several weeks late. Per CDC:

However, second doses administered within a grace period of 4 days earlier than the recommended date for the second dose are still considered valid. If it is not feasible to adhere to the recommended interval and a delay in vaccination is unavoidable, the second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines may be administered up to 6 weeks (42 days) after the first dose. Currently, only limited data are available on efficacy of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines administered beyond this window.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/clinical-considerations.html

So if a person is scheduled 4 weeks out for dose #2 that really doesn’t tell you one way or another which they are getting – it could simply be a matter of scheduling limitations. On the other hand, it is only Pfizer that could properly be scheduled sooner than 24 days out.

1 Like

@twoinanddone yes, it is definitely Pfizer but her second dose is actually April 2nd (think I said 4/4 in my previous post). My parents also had Pfizer and their doses were scheduled four weeks apart also - they had theirs at our local hospital, not at a Walgreens. According to the CDC, Pfizer vaccine should be “at least 21 days apart” but does not specify it must be exactly 21 days apart, however it should not be more than 6 weeks (but closer to the 21 days is better).

No, a public health clinic. They aren’t usually open weekends but are just for covid vaccines. It is next to a catholic high school, but there is no parish there. I guess we’ll see.

Here in my part of MA, CVS schedules both appointments at once, and you can tell which vaccine by the interval between the two.

Walgreen’s will not schedule only one dose. In other words they only schedule first dose if a second dose is available. However, when scheduling the first dose, they do not give you a date for the second and there is no way to know which vaccine, therefore (I called).

The hospital systems that I deal with schedule one dose online and the second after you get the shot, so, again, there is no way to know in advance what you are getting.

My daughter, a math teacher in Orange County CA scheduled an appointment for next week at a site set up just for educators. It will be J&J. She had a mild case of a covid in December so I think J&J is a good option for her.

4 Likes

Why don’t you qualify? What are the criteria for monoclonal antibodies?

• Are 65 years of age or older
  • Are at least 55 years of age and have heart disease, hypertension or a chronic respiratory disease such as COPD
  • Have a BMI above 35
  • Have chronic kidney disease
  • Have diabetes
  • Are receiving immunosuppressive treatment or have an immunosuppressive disease
1 Like

Music with vaccine here too.

https://www.ack.net/stories/soothing-sounds-island-musicians-play-at-vaccination-site,23525?