Covid vaccines roll outs in your state or location

I know a bunch of people who went to Gillette, and they had the same experience…no lines, in and out. Very efficient. Maybe all of you hit it lucky. Or maybe they have their procedure down.

2 Likes

@me29034 , a question for you: I got an appointment for my wife at Gillette for next week (YAY!!!). I do not recall being asked to type in her insurance info. Do you know if your hubby was required to show his insurance info upon check in?

I would assume that I would not have been allowed to continue had I left a box blank.

Thank you. Your info has been helpful.

5 Likes

My parents had the same smooth, easy and quick experience at Gillette. They got appointments together over the phone.

3 Likes

I’ve got three friends who all had good experiences at Gillette. One has just finished up chemotherapy (6 weeks ago) and she said it was easy–no line, no waiting, easy parking. It’s anecdotal data and maybe they got lucky, but I’d give Gillette a try. I didn’t have a problem in MA either, but I’m on one of the offshore islands, where the population dwindles in the winter.

3 Likes

I don’t recall being asked for insurance info there but we were asked when we made the initial appointment so they already had it. Maybe they’ve changed this in the past week? I’d bring the card just in case anyway.

2 Likes

In our area all the shots were free. They did ask if you had insurance but it was not required and actually slows down the registration process.

2 Likes

Yes thanks I googled yesterday and read the articles. I don’t have a tv! I went on for fun this morning and was number 79,000+ in the random line. I have an appointment scheduled through my health care system anyway. Good luck to all in getting a good place in line. I think this will eliminate a lot of anxiety. And the pharmacies continue: I am unclear whether all CVS’ are now doing J and J but a few have been added to the list, including one local CVS that is doing J and J.

2 Likes

At the current rate of vaccination, there will be less than 40 million vaccination by Sept. 1 next year. We’d better improve on that rate soon.

How are you coming up with that number @suitsmeonline ? The US is averaging 2.1 million per day. I get 40 million (new) in less than 20 days - 40 if everyone got 2 doses but not everyone needs two doses (J&J + previously had Covid). That’s long before Sept and doesn’t even count those already vaccinated.

ETA - just looked up how many doses have already been given. It’s more than 95.7 million or almost 10% who have already had both and close to 20% who have had at least one.

1 Like

My husband got his first shot this morning and he said everything was remarkably well-organized. I just looked at the vaccination portal and was surprised to find appointments available next week, right in our city. I have the feeling it will get tougher on April 1, when everyone over 50 is eligible. I know the organization that vaccinated my husband opens up new appointments on Mondays and Wednesdays at 2 pm, so I will be at my computer at 2 on April 5 to sign myself up. Reminds me of registering for the Beach to Beacon 5K in previous years. 6,000 spots, gone in 3 1/2 minutes! I always managed to get in.

4 Likes

I was vaccinated at a Riteaid. They asked for our medical insurance enrollment cards and made copies of them. They also asked for our primary physicians information. Riteaid already sent over the information to them and it has been recorded in our files.

Very efficient.

Feeling very blessed to have been on top of things and mildly obsessed! We were able to schedule our vaccines as soon as the pharmacy website opened up for our age group. It’s now showing no available anywhere. I am sure that will change soon but the opening of a new age group appointments filled up very fast.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick replies from MA CC’ers regarding my insurance question.

W says she will be sure to have insurance card with her just in case.

Just found out that my DIL scored a leftover end of day shot at a local pharmacy. Her goal is to find one for her H (my S) next week. I think she’s been going to the local pharmacy regularly to be available if they have extras - there is no sign-up.

8 Likes

That’s simply not true. US is currently vaccinating 2.1 million per DAY. Do you live in another country?

My sister said getting an appointment for a vaccine reminded her of trying to find Beanie Babies in the 1990s. :rofl:

As of 7:45 this morning, all of my siblings will have had at least one dose of the vaccine. We are planning an outdoor lunch date for late April. We are a close bunch and have not been together for fifteen months. I have seen one brother a few times, masked and outdoors. The thought of hugging them makes me tear up.

10 Likes

One of my husband’s coworkers got a vaccine that way. She became friendly with the pharmacist, told them that she was available to come in with very little notice. Got a call at the end of the day.

3 Likes

Agree that this is inaccurate. Heard last night that the goal of 100 million vaccinations in 100 days may be reached by end of next week, around day 67. With production being ramped up, by September, we should be WAY past 40 million!

4 Likes

Indeed. Per NPR, we are already up to 95.7 million jabs, and with a rate of 2+ million jabs per day, we should hit 100 million by end of weekend (weather permitting). Of course many of those 95.7 million are still waiting for the second jab.

2 Likes

95.7 million shots, almost all so far from two-dose vaccines, is about 48 million people’s worth of full vaccination. That is about 15% of the US population. Of course, the actual recipients of the shots include some who have gotten two shots and some who have gotten one and are waiting for the second.

2 Likes

except the candidate/Prez did not promise to fully vaccinate 100 million Americans, just to provide 100m jabs in 100 days: “… at least 100 million covid vaccine shots into the arms of the American people in the first 100 days.”

As we used to say back when I was in DC, ‘close enough for government work.’

4 Likes