Computer Science
4.13 CSU GPA
In-state, non-local (Bay Area)

2 Likes

Son Accepted for Pre-Business
4.0 CSU GPA
In State, Local

1 Like

Question for gumbymom about the “conditional acceptance”. You mentioned that they must get a C or higher in their senior classes. My son is struggling in his AP Physics and at risk of getting a D. But he has already fulfilled all A-G requirements with a B or higher so the AP Physics class is just an extra. Would he lose his admission if he got a D in that one class?

Each CSU will decide on a case by case basis. For some less impacted Cal states, they will still not rescind the applicant for anything less than a C grade except Failing an English class (4 years is a CSU hard requirement).

Since CSUF is an impacted campus, I highly recommend contacting admissions if he does end up with any grade less than a C-. It will be up to them to decide how to proceed and being proactive is in the best interests of the student.

Fulfilling the A-G course requirements is fine but does not exclude students from not completing their planned Senior classes with grades comparable to their overall performance, after all the student was admitted based on his current HS record and the strength of his planned Senior year courses.

I have seen acceptances rescinded for D and F grades before, so I would suggest tutoring or asking the teacher for extra credit/help to get that grade up to a C.

Edited: Just a warning that many schools will state they cannot make a decision until they see the final transcripts (due in July) which in most cases is too late to have a backup plan in place.

3 Likes

Decision: Accepted
CSU GPA 3.85 | Number of a-g courses taken 9-12th: 19 | APs: 1
Cinema and Television Arts
Non-local CA resident

2 Likes

Congrats!
Did you have to submit a portfolio?
If so, did you get your acceptance letter from both: the portfolio website AND the CSUF portal?
Thanks!

Thank you. CSUF had no portfolio requirement for the undergraduate major to CTA https://catalog.fullerton.edu/preview_entity.php?catoid=75&ent_oid=8643&returnto=9869. The acceptance was from the regular admissions portal.

2 Likes

Son was accepted to Civil Engineering. 4.0 CSU GPA, local

3 Likes

More acceptances coming out today. Jr. was accepted for CS, 3.82 CSU GPA!

8 Likes

Hello, my dtr is applying for nursing at csuf, has anyone gotten an invite for an interview yet?

Admitted for PoliSci :slight_smile:
3.4 csu gpa

4 Likes

My dtr got the rejection email yesterday. We kinda expected it since she did not get an interview.
Stats for reference:
4.35 CSU Capped GPA
10 APs
300 hours volunteer time including UCSD medical (100+)
Leadership in school positions in School
(got in ASU and CSUSM both direct entry)

same, got rejection email yesterday for nursing
Stats:
4.1 CSU GPA
4.56 weighted GPA
SoCal High School
several APs/DE classes
1000+ community service hours
4 year varsity athlete, various leadership positions
also CNA certificate

congrats on CSUSM! My dtr applied there too but was declined, she got in for her alternate.

Thanks. CSUSM generally takes in local service area students and we are in it. Congrats to your daughter too! Waiting for SDSU, or should I say hoping…

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:fingers crossed for sdsu! :grimacing: what city/county do you folks live in?

We’re in San Diego, but my daughter’s high school is just outside SDSU’s local service area even though our residence is. We actually belong to CSUSM service area.

Can anyone provide info on the dorms? Good, bad, in between? How about overall campus feel? Lot’s of people on campus w/ a lively feel or kinda sleepy? We’re visiting on admitted students day on 4/15 but are also considering a “normal” tour to see how the campus looks on an average day

2 Likes

My daughter just received an acceptance today, for theatre!

OOS, 3.7 unweighted (not sure what her CSU GPA is), 8 AP’s, lots of drama-related ECs.

2 Likes