CSULB fall 2023: Transfer waitlist

Well, I’ve seen this thread mad for previous years, figured I’d start one for this year’s stressed out, crowd!:sparkles: First and foremost, sorry you were waitlisted, I know how much it sucks, literally lol. Since we might be here a minute, the best we can do is spread a little hope and offer eachother some support while we all wait to see if we’re part of the 20% of students likely to be accepted off the dreaded waitlist.

Okay, please state the following; I’ll go first :

Major: BM Music Performance (Jazz)

GPA: 3.3 (3.4 w/local bump, 3.6 by end of this semester)

Year: Junior?? (Transferring from 3 years in major at CSU Sacramento)

Prerequisite(s) : Completed (audition)

Any additional info:
I stopped going to school because the pandemic made rent too expensive, so I moved back home to Long Beach area. I wanted to transfer locally, and CSULB has an amazing music program. :face_holding_back_tears: this is my second time applying since 2021, and my major only accepts new students in the fall semesters :frowning: It would be amazing to get in, but I’m going to except the “soft rejection “ and accept CSULAs acceptance while waiting to hear back from CSULB. I know my situation is kind of random and not common, so it’s easy to feel like I’ve created a mess lol. But life goes on, we all learn, and all we can do is give ourselves credit for continuing to strive for a better life. :pray:t4::sparkles: