Current Wildcats! Tell us your experience at U of A?

<p>What’s the social scene like? What do you like about U of A? How were your classes, professors, etc? If any of you are science majors, I would like to know how the science-based academics are? Thank you!</p>

<p>The U of A is a pretty social campus, we recently topped 40,000 students. We have a big Greek Life scene, hundreds of clubs, intramural sports, and other student run organizations so no matter what it is you are interested in, you will most definitely find a place to fit in. I have always had positive experiences with my professors, TAs, and fellow students. They have always been friendly and willing to help students with any kinds of questions or problems they may have. There are hundreds of classes offered and I was able to take courses from the History of the Middle East to Semiconductor Physics. All were enjoyable and interesting in their own way.</p>

<p>The U of A has often been called a public ivy because it has academic prestige, especially in the sciences like Astronomy and Optical Sciences. I recently graduated with a B.S. in Optical Sciences and Engineering from the College of Optical Sciences. My courses consisted mainly of math, physics, and optics. I was definitely challenged in this major and worked harder than I ever have in my life, but I thoroughly enjoyed my experience.</p>

<p>What do I like most about the U of A? The culture is very friendly and welcoming. There is a lot for students to do. And you can’t beat the weather in Tucson, AZ.</p>

<p>Hope this helps some. :)</p>