CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

Thanks so much!

In-person campus tours starting 3/29- registration open

In case you missed emails about in-person campus tours, please check your email. Registration started today which needs to be done via admitted student application portal.

1 Like

We signed up for a 1pm Saturday tour in April so my son doesn’t miss school (will be a few weeks before AP tests start). He’s been to CWRU during the pandemic when it was a ghost town-- hopefully there are some signs of life on the Saturday we are there.

Did anyone get an email from CWRU today talking about march 27th date of release

Yes

When did you get this email?

Today 4:07 p.m. EST

We haven’t received any email yet.

Highly doubt this email means anything but it’s strange that it didn’t go to everyone

It was a very generic email.

2 Likes

My daughter hasn’t received the email either. Do you think only kids who applied RD received the email?

I think they messed up their mailing list honestly

My DD did not receive one, she was deferred and other than pushing the paperwork to regular decision, did not make much effort after a very negative experience dealing with one of the departments there. We are expecting a rejection.

We applied RD

My son got deferred from ED. The applications to CWRU from his high school are almost three times over last year. I guess we just want to look elsewhere :slight_smile:
Good luck, everyone!

My son received this email yesterday. It looks like it only went out to those that applied RD as it states, “For students who completed their applications to CWRU under the Regular Decision plan, we plan to send admission decisions on or around Saturday, March 27.”
Good luck to everyone.

Here is a message on the portal. It’s probably coming out tomorrow???

We will notify all Regular Decision candidates, which includes those students whose Early Action application has been deferred to Regular Decision, on or around March 20 with an updated admission decision.

I asked my D21 to check her portal, but she does not see that message (nor any email from CWRU). Where exactly do you see this on your portal?

FAQs, right below the status update. I am not sure if it’s only for the deferred applicants?

Ah, thank you - we see it now. I think CWRU failed to update that FAQ. The current decision date is March 27. Originally, it was March 20. My D21 was deferred to RD from EA. I hope you are right about tomorrow, but I’m guessing that it’s an oversight on their part and that the real date is March 27.

1 Like