CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

thats dope. wish more schools would do this.

1 Like

Yep. Referenced my passion to learn French !

1 Like

Yes! It was amazing my son and I were both in tears.

4 Likes

It’s pretty awesome that they pay attention and take the time to do it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, our D also got accepted with a PS referring to her passion at the end of the acceptance letter. My D was really touched that they encouraged her to continue it in CWRU.

1 Like

Agreed. So many universities expect students to look through their website/materials and write a “Why Here” essay - grabbing a snippet from the student’s record when indicating “Why You” would seem fair. D21 certainly appreciated it.

9 Likes

I got in through EA, but I applied for scholarships. Does anyone know when they come out? I think it said by April 1 on the website, but that doesn’t really help lol

1 Like

I totally agree!!!

Does anyone know how many applicants applied this year?

Woohoo! Congrats on all the acceptances! Good luck to those not getting the news hoped for. You are all amazing and will end up where you are meant to be.

4 Likes

accepted, international, 15k per year - scholarship

1 Like

Waitlisted
SAT =1570
ACT=35
What are the chances of getting in ?
Does CWRU offer any scholarships to students who get in from waitlist?

1 Like

Last year about 20% (1,076) of people who accepted a place on the waiting list (4,921) were eventually admitted.

Does CWRU offer any scholarships to students who get in from waitlist?

@highschoolinnj Yes, they offer the same scholarships no matter how you get in (ED, EA, RD, Waitlist)

See CWRU Waitlist FAQs

Last year about 20% (1,076) of people who accepted a place on the waiting list (4,921) were eventually admitted.

And the year before that it was 0%.
Take a look at CWRU Waitlist FAQs to see how it has varied over the past few years.

I got in as an international student with 5k need based aid. I feel like I should ask for more. But I haven’t received any merit scholarships on my application; can anyone tell me where can I see it. I need to know if I can appeal for any kind of merit award.

@SmartyMC I have not seen successful appeals of merit aid.

The only way you might get more need based aid is if something out of the ordinary happened e.g., a parent lost a job or something.

So the chances of me getting more aid is next slim ig

1 Like

Daughter accepted into the Baker-Nord scholars program (for humanities) with a Univ. scholarship. She’s interested pre-med/research track.

1 Like

Somehow I got in 1360 3.5 UW and got $26,000 I’m baffled

5 Likes