CWRU Class of 2025 Official Discussion Thread

I will be doing that rn!! I’m so excited

3 Likes

Very Happy , DS got in…
International IB curriculum
ACT 35
Excellent ECs…

Did have a note at the end (PS) indicating my son’s passion for Piano… nice to see the comment… really excited… thanks to all.

4 Likes

The note at the end is an awesome touch - not many schools do that!

5 Likes

does anyone know where to see their major? lol

1 Like

nope… wondering the same thing

1 Like

case has an open door policy,if ur accepted ur accepted everywhere (except music)

Also my decision is in too but im too scared to look!!!

2 Likes

they dont assign major in the admission letter… students can select the major as they feel once on campus

I did!

2 Likes

Got in with a nice P.S. at the end!

1 Like

Deferred too. Gonna now try in the regular round. Congrats to all those admitted. Looks like some good scholarships too!!

4 Likes

I was accepted! I applied for the nursing program however I do not see my major in the letter- I saw that someone noted that they do not typically assign majors, but how does it work with specific programs once it starts?

1 Like

D accepted with Michelson-Morley $27,500.
Congratulations to everyone who got in and good luck to those deferred. I agree, the P.S. was a nice touch.

2 Likes

I did with the ED letter!

They are an open door policy. Am I got admitted to nursing too!! Dm me on if if you want @ameliamld

1 Like

My student got Deferred. It’s the only decision to come in before the holidays, so it was disappointing.

• 4.47 GPA UW
  • 35 ACT
  • NMSF
  • 10+ AP courses
  • Good ECs -science, sports, research, volunteering, leadership.
  • Essays - no idea. I was not privy to it.
  • Demonstrated interest - did official campus tour.
2 Likes

in one of the virtual sessions, the AO said that students can start shadowing or taking up work in hospitals from first sem, particularly for nursing students. most students start taking the required subjects for their major from 1st sem, so no prob there. the reason i guess, the student-faculty ratio is such that students will easily get their courses as needed

My daughter got in! Good morale
boost after being rejected by Northwestern. She was invited to be part of the Baker-Nord Scholars Program, as she has interest in humanities. She also had a p.s, which is a very nice touch! She received a university scholarship of 27,500.

3 Likes

ACCEPTED!!
Application Type (ED/EA/RD): EA
Merit Scholarship: $32,500 University Scholarship

Objective:

ACT (breakdown): 30 Math, 34 English, 35 Reading, 34 Science, 9 Writing
Weighted GPA: 4.077
Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): top 10%
AP (place score in parenthesis): Chemistry 4, Spanish Lang 5, Statistics 5
Senior Year Course Load: AP Physics C, APES, AP AB Calc, AP Psychology, Honors English, Ukulele, Public Speaking
Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): Brandeis Book Award, AP Scholar, National Hispanic Scholar, Most Worthy Representative for my school

Subjective:

Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): TONS of (robotics), (dance club), (book club), (NHS), founder of a social justice organization in my town, class officer, Anti-Defamation League peer leader, Peer counseling, (marching band), (colorguard)
Job/Work Experience: Robotics Coach at a small coding academy
Volunteer/Community service: most of my extracurriculars are my community service, especially robotics and peer counseling
Summer Activities: Creation of a social justice organization
Essays (rating 1-10, details): probably a 8, written about how the Justice shirts from when I was little never had the activities that I was interested on them, and how I found it difficult to determine my identity
Recommendations (rating 1-10, details): 3 teacher recommendations (10,10,8) and a guidance counselor recommendation (10, I have a really good relationship with her)

Other:

Applied for Financial Aid?: Yes
Intended Major: Chemical Engineering
State (if domestic applicant): MA
School Type: Public
Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): minority and female

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve been waiting 50 minutes but haven’t gotten a status update. I’m not sure what to do… Should I continue waiting?

First off, are you EA only, or PPSP? If you are PPSP, you will not hear until closer to the RD decision date I believe. If you are not PPSP, maybe just sign out and log back in because all EA decisions are out based on what I am seeing on CC and Reddit.