CWRU RD Class of 2025

Did you write a letter of interest after not being accepted into PPSP? If so, I would assume you have a good chance. I get the sense Case is a school that wants to be loved, if that makes any sense. Good Luck. Nothing you can do change any of this at this point? Have you been admitted elsewhere? Waiting for others?

@naman829
I would think that given that you applied PPSP and there fore cannot apply EA as well as the fact you did show interest should not be a detriment.
But still they only have so many slots and some are filled via ED.

@SchoolNews
Case, like other colleges, takes many factors into account for admissions.
To see the relative importance of factors such as Demonstrated Interest, etc. check out the latest CWRU Common Data Set, Section C7.

So yes, Case says that ā€œloveā€, or Demonstrated Interest is ā€œimportantā€. For ideas on how to show interest, see: How to "Show Interest" in CWRU (Updated)

I did! Case had a optional essay in lieu of a LOCI that didnā€™t have a word limit. I made mine about 440 words long (about one page). Also updated them with strong senior grades (5 APā€™s) and a national award.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply bopper. This makes total sense.

1 Like

did you guys receive an email around march 18th with links to join information sessions and a line saying Iā€™ll be hearing from case in the coming weeks?

1 Like

Yup. But some people on Reddit said they didnā€™t receive it so they think it might mean something if you got it.

2 Likes

omg I hope that email means something

1 Like

Me too! My son got it!

It actually said the date of decisions coming out, 9 days ago, is that it?

Yeah. Did you not receive the email?

Yes, but I donā€™t think it means anything.

Can you share a copy of your email?

We got an email yesterday saying results out today at noon.

I wanted to reach out with a quick note to share what to expect in the coming weeks from Case Western Reserve University.

For students who completed their applications to CWRU under the Regular Decision plan, we plan to send admission decisions on or around Saturday, March 27.

We continue to offer a number of ways for you and your family to get to know more about CWRU. Dozens of sessions are already scheduled, and more are on the way!
Online sessions
Join us virtually to hear about academic and student life from CWRU faculty and current students, with plenty of time for questions. Sessions include major-specific information, Q&As with current students, livestream campus tours (NEW! Registration will be available by the end of this week.) and more. Information to access webinars will be shared upon registration.

Virtual tours
See our campusā€”from right where you are. Get an up-close look at Sears think[box], the Tinkham Veale University Center, our library, first-year residence halls and much more right on your phone or computer. Take a look around.

Admitted student in-person campus tours
Weā€™re preparing to safely host a limited number of on-campus tours for admitted students only starting March 29. Tour groups will consist of one tour guide and one admitted student, with up to three guests from that studentā€™s household. Admitted students can register for an in-person campus tour using their network ID. All visitors must adhere to Case Western Reserveā€™s COVID protocols. Registration is limited and required. We will share registration information with Regular Decision plan admitted students after the decision release.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 216.368.4450 or admission@case.edu, or schedule an appointment to talk with an admission counselor.

From March 18.

1 Like

Thank you. We are hoping to make the long drive next week if admitted!

How long is your drive? We are about 7 hours. We will also take the trip if accepted.

7 hrs for us, too.

My son just got wait listed, dang.
4.0 UW/5.550 W GPA
1480 SAT early jr. year before covid shutdown schools/testing
#1 in his class
11 APā€™s all 4ā€™s so far
7 College classes
Marching Band, VQ, HS Swim Team, Math peer tutor
Aerospace Engineering intended major

1 Like

Decisions are out?