D21 journey

SCU and Denver are for sure out.

2 Likes

Vanderbilt, Davidson, Colgate, Richmond, & Middlebury might be the remaining five schools.

Although as listed: Vanderbilt, Boston College, Richmond, Colgate, & Davidson might be the remaining 5 schools.

2 Likes

Ya, but LMU gave her D a ton of cash. And they have some sort of “dance thing” going on over there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even though I said Middlebury above, I might swap BC for Midd. I think @homerdog’s D might want a larger school. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I agree about the size thing and go back and forth on that. On one hand, Davidson seems like the one. But I also can’t help thinking BC seems so homerdaughter.

5 Likes

Until she learns of the new train from NYC to Middlebury to Burlington (Univ. of Vermont). Plus, I believe that the train goes in the other direction as well.

2 Likes

ok - I’ll play
The 5 are -

Vandy
Davidson
Richmond
Midd
Wake
(Colgate is the alternate)

2 Likes

@homerdog can you add which schools you’ve heard from and which you’re still waiting on?

She’s in at LMU, SCU, Denver and Furman with merit. And into Richmond. The rest are RD.

3 Likes

My guess is that Wake Forest is out. There were no comments regarding campus beauty (or at least I don’t remember), there were comments about students leaving for the weekend, campus was so quiet and she was unable to see students, etc.

My guess is:
Richmond
Vandy
Colgate
Davidson
Middlebury or BC

4 Likes

This is a fun game! LOL

I agree with @twogirls that Wake may be out. Which makes me sad because I am a HUGE Wake fan! Coincidentally, what my son loved so much about Wake was how fulfilling/bustling campus life always was. So to hear it was so quiet is odd. Darn Covid!

Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

Yep; I’m going to concur that Wake is out, too. Awaiting the final verdict. Still think it’ll be Richmond or Vanderbilt. This is fun!

4 Likes

I am going to guess
Midd
Richmond
Vandy
BC
Davidson

Colgate may jump into the top 5 if you get to visit.

1 Like

I totally forgot she applied to Denver!

2 Likes

It was her first acceptance!

1 Like

I can’t even remember my own kid’a whole list at this point! Lol

12 Likes

My guess is: Vanderbilt, Richmond, Davidson, Colgate, and LMU.

Why does everyone think Davison is definitely in? The visit description seems kind of “meh” besides saying the campus was beautiful. I think Richmond is still a contender as it seems like they spent a lot of time there. I think Wake is out, esp because of the dance team issue. I feel like BC is still a contender but I think she didn’t love the location. I’m assuming LMU is still a contender because of the merit $$. So my guess:

Richmond
Vanderbilt
BC
Colgate or Middlebury
LMU

2 Likes

Some of you are close! This is fun!

3 Likes

I’m not going to guess but I’m so glad you were able to visit campuses and gather more info. I wish you were on the tour with us at SCU. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like