Date Life at Elite Universities and LACS for AA Students?

<p>So I just heard that a large number of black males at Ivies/top colleges are gay. Is that true? If so, dating prospects juuuuuuuuust got worse. xD</p>

<p>^ Really? That’s something I never heard of before…</p>

<p>Me neither until, like, last week. O____o</p>

<p>@alexissss</p>

<p>I don’t have any stats or anything, but that wouldn’t surprise me in the least based on my past experiences. That’s something many of my female friends have discovered even at state universities.</p>

<p>That is really sad :(</p>

<p>Looks like I’ll be dating outside my raaaaacceee. Lol</p>

<p>Same here! ^</p>

<p>^ Me too! lol</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Really?? Not for me, then!</p>

<p>That’s hilarious. I think it’s because of the way that homosexuality can alienate a dude from some of the more toxic aspects of black culture that inhibit many of us.</p>

<p>Niiiicee. </p>

<p>10 char</p>

<p>^^ that makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately at my school there’s a group of about 5-6 gay males I call them the ‘mean girls’ lol I definitely see they are alienated from many of the straight black guys at my school who are less tolerant of homosexuality, but interestingly the girls are way more tolerant ‘hence my nick name’ anyways I call them mean because they are, they pretty much target anyone ‘look at her hair etc…’ Pull girls hair on the bus etc. I can see it as being a defense mechanism maybe they were picked on I don’t know, bur it’s pretty sad.</p>

<p>LOL. I left CC for a few weeks, didn’t think my thread would blow up. My fears were just as expected: there really isn’t much of a dating scene at my school, but I think that’s just because of the “hook-up’” culture there than anything else. Really depressing…haha</p>

<p>What does a young, college age, black woman even want?</p>

<p>I married my college sweetheart but the first two years of college, I couldn’t get or keep a girlfriend. My S is in college now and I see him having the same struggle. And I can’t help him with advice. I’m stumped other than to say, give it time.</p>

<p>I never got the impression that freshman girls were into freshman boys. Upperclass girls aren’t interested in freshman boys either. It’s a kind of island. The freshmen guys my S knows with girlfriends he says date mostly junior and senior HS girls. At 6’1", thin, muscular build like a basketball player with a nice personality, easygoing disposition, I don’t know why it’s hard for him any more than I can say why it was hard for me.</p>

<p>This thread cracks me up somewhat because it’s a real concern that it doesn’t seem too many folks are real concerned about and it’s like a mystery I’d love to know the answer to. Maybe I can get over some unresolved schadenfreude.</p>

<p>I just want a guy whose intelligence is on par with mine (I’m not even that smart, lol). Tis but a small request. </p>

<p>I’m actually extremely concerned about this issue. xD</p>

<p>Oh, and if he could be into LoL, that’d be great. ^</p>

<p>The main thing to remember is that it may not be a matter of race when it comes to dating but of compatibility. You’re going to date someone who you feel a connection with and it’s going to be based on what your interests are. </p>

<p>For example in NY, where I live, most of the blacks I know are interested in R&B, rap, and hip-hop music, but I’m not like that. So when I’m talking to black girls about the things I’m into music wise (indie and alternative music) they are clueless, and consequently we don’t have a lot of things to say to each other. It’s even worse when we talk about tv shows, food and other things. But I find it way easier to talk about my favorite bands, tv shows, etc, with non-black/Hispanic kids. </p>

<p>So I would assume it would be the same in college. You’re going to want to date someone you think you’re compatible with.</p>

<p>I hope the date life is great, I’m definitely looking for some focused, mature people. And I didn’t hear anything about a majority gay AA guys, but that’s different lol</p>

<p>@ivyvision
Ya my taste in music has changed too,I still love 90s and 2000s hip hop,rap and R&B but I kinda don’t listen to the current stuff or dont like it.
I listen to rock but not metal or any of that evil sounding crap,I like upbeat music like Paramore or Yellowcard,but I hardly tell new people I meet that I listen to kpop or rock because its just too much to explain.</p>

<p>Sent from my SPH-M910 using CC</p>

<p>I guess my music is pretty conservative since I listen to a lot of “oldies” from the early 2000’s, 1990’s, 1980’s, 1970’s, and a bit of 1960’s. I’m oldschool. lol I barely listen to current music, and I’m probably one of those rare individuals who aren’t a Justin Bieber fan. lol ;)</p>

<p>ForeIN, hahaha I know exactly how you feel. I always get weird looks when mention my favorite rock music. </p>

<p>And Curious, you’re definitely not alone lol.</p>

<p>But in retrospect, about the topic at hand, I’ll worry about dating when/if I get accepted to an elite university hahaha.</p>