Dean Scholars Program Essay Help

<p>I’m torn between two topics that I want to write about. The first essay would be based on the one I wrote for the University of Chicago about and it would be a personal essay. The essay is basically about my “Napoleonic Complex” (I’m only 4’10") and how my height has driven me to go beyond what is expected of me. I honestly love this essay because it is serious, but also has a sense of humor.</p>

<p>The second essay would be a bit more serious and dark. It would be about a book that has changed my view of the world (I think this is the third prompt). I would want to write about Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison or the Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka. Both have themes of existentialism, which would be the main topic of the essay.</p>

<p>Anyway, which one would be more interesting to read or better to talk about? lol. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Bump… Anyone?</p>

<p>I would pick the essay topic that would reveal more about who you are as a person. Which one do you feel, when someone else reads it, they can understand your thoughts and values? </p>

<p>I do like the height one more though! It sounds really interesting!</p>

<p>I thought it was due February 15th. That’s what they said in my email :o</p>

<p>I like the 2nd one better personally. I’m more drawn to dark/mysterious</p>

<p>Thanks guys :slight_smile: I like both, but I’ll probably just go with the first one. :)</p>