Decisions Mailed Soon!

<p>Condolences, congratulations, and good luck to those waitlisted.</p>

<p>tk21 - I was going to enroll to CC until I was also admitted to USC. The latter has a better program for what I wish to study so I won't be enrolling at CC...Also, as an international student, I prefer to live in a more cosmopolitan city such as LA rather Colorado Springs.</p>

<p>So iskander it's USC for you then? Well, hope you enjoy it there. I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools.</p>

<p>Dad just called and said package from CC arrived today, I'm in Western WA. Hoping for good news especially financial aid</p>

<p>bcash: Yeah looks like it. Im really excited about USC i love the school and I love LA. However, I'm still waiting on a couple other schools (duke, georgetown) but I doubt i'll get in.
Good luck to you too!</p>

<p>haha i just got the waitlisted letter yesterday. i'm kind of surprised i didn't get a flat out rejection because i don't really think i tried on the application, reason being i didn't really want to go there. it was one of those that my mother pushed me to apply to...congrats to those who got in though!</p>

<p>would you mind sharing your stats? i've never heard of merit scholarships being awarded at CC! very impressive. congrats!!!</p>

<p>jeffrey1446</p>

<p>CC must have a very large waitlist, my D got one of those letters too. She declined, and has already sent her acceptance card elsewhere.</p>

<p>According to the Colorado College common data sets, there were 523, 785, and 925 applicants waitlisted for class of 2006, 2007 and 2008, respectively. Have no idea for this class of 2009.</p>

<p>I've read that many colleges have extra big wait-lists this year.........so many uncertainties for them as well as students in this economy.</p>

<p>Also, even for need-blind schools, they don't have to be need-blind when taking students from the wait-list.</p>

<p>When you read the common data sets it gets interesting. For the past three years, the number of applicants going on the waitlist has gone from up significantly each year, but the number actually taken off the wait list actually went way down each year. </p>

<p>2008 was a year where only 1 person got off the waitlist because the enrolled class was 551 which is on the large side for a freshman class.</p>