defering

Can an acceptance be deferred once committed?

As in, you want to defer your acceptance or you’re afraid the school is going to defer you? If you want to take a gap year you should call the admissions office. The school can’t defer you once you’ve committed unless some serious thing happened to your grades.

I am thinking of deferring my acceptance. I am feeling anxious and not quite ready to take it on. I’m not sure what I would do during a gap year…thinking maybe community college. I keep going back and forth and haven’t decided yet.

@SBWG1111 A lot of people feel very anxious before their first year of college. The question is if your level of anxiety is higher than the usual fears. Is there a guidance counselor or parent you can speak with?

Yes. My parents advice is don’t worry about what you think youcan’t do and just go and try to do it and to take it semester by semester. My work ethic isn’t the greatest but they feel if it doesn’t work out I can always go to cc. Thanks for your help. I’m still deciding but have to make decision quick