Denied(Program Closed)-for Engineering?

<p>I just got the decision back today and it read Denied(Program closed). I went on their website and it said what it literally means-the program is closed so we cannot admit you. I applied on October 14th, a day before the deadline for undecided engineering. How could the program be closed so early?</p>

<p>Clearly they reached their target number of admits. This could be due to budget cuts in the State or an overwhelming number of applicants. Hopefully you have applications in to some other schools?</p>

<p>I do, I was just dissapointed that the program was closed when I applied early action just to avoid that reason :(. I never thought that engineering would get full so quickly.</p>

<p>Which engineering major did you apply for ?</p>

<p>Undecided engineering</p>

<p>It doesn’t matter what kind of engineering you applied to anyways. I’m assuming they let in less people than last year because they had more people accept their offers of admission than planned so classes are fuller than usual and such.</p>

<p>Not because there are too many applicants, there are too many qualified applicants. sorry</p>

<p>Are you a transfer student? I’m looking to apply too…the website says the only engineering programs closed are for transfer/summer admits…</p>

<p>Does it mean anybody applying Purdue engineering now as a out-of-state first year applicant will get denied?</p>

<p>Well, if any of you are applying for Fall 2012, then the Engineering programs are NOT closed. I called the Office of Admissions to verify this.</p>

<p>First year freshmen (Fall 2012) engineering programs ARE NOT closed. Check to make sure you didn’t fill out an transfer application or call Purdue Admissions and ask why you were denied “Program-Closed” when it isn’t.</p>