Dental School after the University of Alabama

DS is a junior at the University of Alabama, and is interested in dental school after graduation. I’m hoping to assist him in the dental school selection process as he is currently taking 23 credit hours at Alabama (including organic chemistry II, microbiology, cell biology), he is the VP of outreach for project health, project health intern, working as a math tutor, participating in Club Volleyball etc… He’s also part of the health professions advising group.

I’ve found:
-The student doctor network board
-ADEA dental school guide

-HPSP-Health professions scholarship program through the military (we do not want him taking this option, but he insists on looking at it)

Are there any other sites/guides/programs/scholarships he should be looking at?

Does anyone have any recommendations pro or con regarding the hpsp scholarship through the military, specifically air force?

Any other recommendations in general?

Is anyone else looking at dental school?

By the way learning all these new acronyms is driving me nuts. ie AEGD -Advanced Education in General Dentistry
OMFS-Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, ADEA-American Dental Education Association…

I know I’ve asked several questions, feel free to comment on any or all.

have you asked these Q’s on the predental forum here on CC?

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/pre-dentistry-dental-school/

All I know is…my DMD got his undergrad at Alabama and his DMD at UAB. He’s very good.

Thanks for the info. UAB is on his short list of schools, even as an out of state student. I also need to explore the dental forum on CC.