DePaul University Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Applying regular decision to DePaul in 2022? The deadline is coming up on February 1st, 2022 and decisions are expected in mid-March.

This is a space for the members of the class of 2026 to connect with other Princeton applicants and share stats, news or admissions updates.

2 Likes

Hi! My daughter was accepted yesterday with presidential scholarship. When does the financial aid package come?

1 Like

My D22 was accepted in mid November, also with Presidential Scholarship. She checked her portal this week, and still no financial aid package.

1 Like

https://www.depaul.edu/admission-and-aid/financial-aid/basics/Pages/important-dates.aspx

Looks like we can expect postings to begin in a couple of weeks

Excellent. Thanks for the info @crawljumper11

1 Like

My son just committed to DePaul tonight. Deposit sent.

Got everything he wanted - good program in his intended major and secondary interest, good Theater school (hobby), diverse campus, major city, and financially doable.

I think he chose well.

3 Likes

That is so great @crawljumper11 ! So happy for him and you. Thatā€™s really wonderful. DePaul has shown D22 the love and I appreciate it. However, she is a finalist for the Stamps Scholarship at Pitt, and will be heading there this fall. Best of luck to the students and parents on this thread!

1 Like

Congratulations! Weā€™re visiting this week. Letā€™s see how the kid feels about the vibe

2 Likes

Thank you, Winky1. I wish all the best for your daughter at Pitt!

This is our last college go round. All thatā€™s left now is the $$$.

2 Likes

How very exciting! We are actually touring DePaul tomorrow. Flew in from sunny CA today and we are COLD! But loving Chicago and canā€™t wait to see DePaul tomorrow.

2 Likes

The split campus is rather odd but strangely enough everyone seems to like it. My son actually preferred the Loop campus.

Lincoln Park is gorgeous.

1 Like

The days we visited were absurdly coldā€¦and it was snowing in RI when we flew out so you would think we would have been prepared.

Chicago does show well. Really great city with wonderful museums, music and stage venues, food, and shopping.

Hope your family enjoys the trip and look forward to your comments.

2 Likes

Well, D and I were impressed and both feel that our opinions of DePaul went up after the tour and presentation! Love how accessible the campus is, with the L station right there, and the pretty neighborhood with lots of food options and shops. The quarter system sounds fine and we like that fall quarter ends at Thanksgiving and then you donā€™t go back to school until January! They say itā€™s easy to switch majors also. Love the idea of Discover Chicago and how DePaul provides every student with a free transit pass. DePaul is high on Dā€™s list!

5 Likes

Hi Ally86,

So glad you and D had a fun trip and enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for the comments. It is always interesting to hear the opinions of others.

I am going back to Chicago for business in a week so I am going to try to spend some time touring around Lincoln Park and checking out the neighborhood.

I agree completely - the ā€œDiscover Chicagoā€ is a great idea. They have a list online of all of the classes and it is incredibly diverse. Truly something for everyone.

The train stop is so convenient. My son considered that important because most of his classes will be in the Loop but he wants to live near the Lincoln Park campus after freshman year. Living in NE, we are used to using the train to travel to/around NYC and Boston. That is a major selling point for my son. Why worry about having a car (and maintaining and parking it) when you donā€™t have to?

Best wishes to your D on her decision!

2 Likes

My DS was accepted and we are heading to Chicago in a few weeks to see the campus. He is very excited about the program and being in Chicago, but his only concern is, does it feel like a commuter school since generally only Freshmen live on campus? When they move off campus, do most upper class students live close enough to the Lincoln Park campus to give it a campus vibe?

3 Likes

Congratulations on the acceptance!

That is an excellent question, and one we have struggled with, too. We have read a variety of statements on various sites (Cappex, Niche, Unigo, etc.) and on this forum. It seems safe to say that the Lincoln Park campus is the social hub of the school and that most of the students live fairly nearby, though not all in walking distance. Some live a train stop or three away. Some live even further out or live at home. Some students have commented that this creates less of a college atmosphere than other schools, though most are comparing DePaul to large, state schools, typically located in smaller cities than Chicago. Most, however, seem to consider this normal when dealing with a large university in a major city. The numbers at DePaul are not out of the ordinary for many inner city colleges - Loyola, Drexel, Temple, Northeastern, George Washington, Fordham, and The New School all have similar numbers of students living off campus.

This I am sure of - if you go to college in some of the big state schools - which, in many cases, also have large numbers of students living off campus - by time you drive in from your apartment, find a parking spot, and cross a large campus to get to class, you are going to burn 20-45 minutes, depending on the school and where you live. Why would burning the same amount of time, only using public transportation instead, be any different?

1 Like

Youve really done your homework!

1 Like

It is a good question. I do think it depends on the student and what they want or are looking for.

Ask us again in a couple of years and the answer may be considerably different, or at least more informed.

1 Like

The student center and a couple of a academic buildings were filled with students hanging out on comfy chairs. I think thatā€™s different than residential campusus where students can be in their room between class. So yes to me it felt like a regular college campus. There is definitely a focus on ā€˜the city is your campusā€™ which encourages students to be residents of Chicago in all ways that is different than traditional colleges campusus. Very interesting and great for some kids including mine who is not interested in the frat party scene

1 Like