Details on the International Honors Program?

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with the International Honors Program (IHP)? It seems like a highly valuable experience and something that I would certainly be interested in based on some old information I was able to find, but just about all of the old IHP links no longer work and there appears to be little discussion regarding IHP over the past few years.

Though, I was able to find two courses for IHP: IHP 105 and IHP 400. IHP 105 looks like an enriching culture course, while IHP 400 is an independent research project. Does one have to be accepted to IHP to take these courses? Is there an application for IHP? Does IHP 105 look like something I can/should take freshman year?

I found the classes under the Honors College course listings here: https://catalog.ua.edu/undergraduate/academic-enrichment-opportunities/honors/courses/

If that means being accepted into the Honors College is a prerequisite, I have thankfully met that already. I’m an incoming freshman who is a prospective anthropology major, so IHP is perfect for my interests and seemingly very complementary in regards to my major.

I was hoping to have a rough outline of the courses that I would like to take before I attend Bama Bound later this week, so any help regarding the subject is greatly appreciated! Also, does anyone know who to contact at Alabama regarding IHP?

Thank you!

I believe IHP is no longer a program at UA since maybe 2013 or 2014?

Okay, thanks! In that case, they probably just have not updated the course listings.

Call the Honors College to be sure. I can’t find my notes on this, but I do remember the reqs changed (eased) over time, and then less and less IHP classes were offered. So I believe it was quietly dropped. HC promote their ‘honors abroad’ program, but it’s not the same, imo.

I contacted the Honors College and was informed that IHP is indeed no longer an active program, unfortunately. Thank you for your help!